just ignores my complaint, what should i do next?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Judith Whelan

Registered Shopper
Hi, on the 24th November 2011 i bought two triple packs of Bissel concentrate £54.99, I received two bottles so i am still waiting for 4 bottles, I have e-mailed customer services 13 yes 13 times just get an automatize response, i have also phoned:call: 3 times and they tell me it is out of stock even though when i phone they are selling the item on the tv channel the same day, i have also wrote to Ideal World customer services and have not even had a reply, I am at my wits end:sweat: now and am unsure what to do next, i really cannot just afford to write this order off can some one please give me any advice :headbang:

Hi there. IW are REALLY excelling themselves this time.

Check out the Trading Standards website HERE and then contact your local office.

Hope that helps.

Gary

Hello newbie from one, too! I suggest trying Gareth Parker-see his info in the top message. He didn't help me, gave me the runaround but maybe he will assist you ... all the best from The Snarly

Yet more pathetic customer service from a shopping channel that excels in giving bad service.
Sorry to hear about your problem Judith and if I was you I wouldn't bother contacting anybody else from Ideal World as you have already done this on numerous occasions and nothing has been done to resolve the problem.
Go straight to The Office of Fair Trading http://www.oft.gov.uk/consumer-advice/oft-and-cd/
Good luck and I am sure that next time you will think again about buying items from Ideal World!

After looking at the complaints section in the Daily Mirror in regards to appalling customer service by Ideal World copied and pasted this which includes UK contact details.......

Heather January 17,2012
See my blogs above. Your problem appears to be the same as my one.Mine is now resolved !
Contact a British Customer Relations Officer at Ideal and I bet you,it WILL be sorted.
Best on to e mail is
Clair.Perkins@ideal shopping direct.co.uk
she sorted mine out in less than 24 hours.
e-mail her ALL the details,Customer No ,Item No_Order No etc.

Also you could phone Marion Garton on 01733 777361.You may get her voicemail,if so leave your details and she will get back to you,give her 24 hours,if no reply phone again and again.
The Head Of Customer Services is DAVID PECK
Come back to this site with the results

Maybe the contact details are worth a shot!

To be honest, if IW's customer services won't sort out your issue and you're racking up ££££££s calling them (more income for IW, too - a coincidence? :rolleyes: ), I wouldn't bother going to IW management about this, I'd take the problem elsewhere.

WHY ask IW's managers to sort this out, when their customer service team is operating in EXACTLY the way IW wants? If the company is rotten, there's no point complaining to its managers - go to the Office of Fair Trading or Trading Standards, both of whom would only be DELIGHTED to listen to what you have to say.

after posting my complaint on Ideal World facebook i have have received two e-mails from Ideal World to help me with my complaint , this is the person who is helping me if you want to get in touch [email protected]

Another route is to contact your credit card company (if you paid by CC) - if you are supplied with the goods or service you paid for the CC company is jointly liable. You may get a quicker refund from them and then they'll chase IW for the money. It also damages (albeit to a small extent) the retailer's reputation with the Credit Card company.
I hope you get it sorted speedily.

Jude xx

Another route is to contact your credit card company (if you paid by CC) - if you are supplied with the goods or service you paid for the CC company is jointly liable. You may get a quicker refund from them and then they'll chase IW for the money. It also damages (albeit to a small extent) the retailer's reputation with the Credit Card company.
I hope you get it sorted speedily.

Jude xx

Unfortunately i paid by debit card but from now on i am going to use a CREDIT CARD, THANKS FOR THE INFO

I hope that you get a FULL refund, including all phone charges trying to get this sorted, a written apology and a token of IW's remorse.

Say a pick of their returns: who wouldn't want a La Dea bra that snaps on you, a halogen oven that explodes or a "reconditioned" ("second hand") PC that has just about enough processing power to tell the time, never mind run an application or connect to t'interweb. :smirk:

just to keep you up to date, got an e-mail this morning to say they were sending the shampoo out today should get it tomorrow and they are giving me a £15 refund, this is the e-mail i received

Claire Elmer [email protected] to me
show details 11:30 AM (2 hours ago)
28th February 2012

Dear Mrs Whelan,

Our Buyer has confirmed that our Supplier is despatching these directly to you, they will be despatched via Fedex this afternoon, therefore you will be in receipt of the four bottles by the end of the week.

Once again Mrs Whelan please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you.

Yours Sincerely,
Claire Elmer (Miss)

Customer Relations Officer | Contact Centre

Ideal Shopping Direct Limited
Tel: 08431 688888
Ext: 6341
Fax: 01733 347320

That's great news Judith!

Though judging by the numbers of complaints on various websites, Ms Elmer is possibly one of the most underworked people in the UK :smirk:

We all know that Ideal World staff view this forum and report back to HQ,and though I am happy that Judith's case is much closer in getting resolved there are hundreds of cases that customer services at IW totally ignore.
They obviously want to show that they really do care,but many dissatisfied customers know differently.....!

just to let you know i received my shampoo today, within 30 minutes of putting it on their facebook page i received two e-mails from them wanting to sort it out, maybe others could try the same, thanks for all your advice

To be honest, if IW's customer services won't sort out your issue and you're racking up ££££££s calling them (more income for IW, too - a coincidence? :rolleyes: ), I wouldn't bother going to IW management about this, I'd take the problem elsewhere.

WHY ask IW's managers to sort this out, when their customer service team is operating in EXACTLY the way IW wants? If the company is rotten, there's no point complaining to its managers - go to the Office of Fair Trading or Trading Standards, both of whom would only be DELIGHTED to listen to what you have to say.

Actually, an email to David Peck usually produces almost instant results. If I have a problem I go straight to him and ignore CS

[email protected]

Latest posts

Back