Broken Fruit Trees

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stuartf

Registered Shopper
I purchased the Nectarine and Peach tree collection as a gift for my mother

Both trees were delivered damaged certainly due to just being wrapped in plastic and thrown around a delivery truck. The peach tree had every branch except one either broken off or broken beyond repair. Most branches on the nectarine were bent double but we think it will recover

Not unreasonable that I might complain about this and expect a replacement for the peach tree

The response to my complaint by customer services….

Our Supplier has suggested that you follow the steps below -

Gently bend the top few inches of the main stem - if it is brittle and snaps then we are afraid it does seem to be dead. If there is still
flexibility this is a good sign.

Scrape a little of the bark about half way up the main trunk - if there is green underneath it is a good sign as this usually means that there is sap underneath. If it is brown that usually means that part of the tree has died.

What the heck Ideal World. You shipped products in inadequate packaging. They arrived damaged. Either replace them or refund my money

This stock reply is the same one I got when I complained about a bare root cherry tree that never grew last year. I was promised a replacement by phone but it never showed up despite many email reminders that I have since sent IW

I should have learned my lesson

Stuart

A similar thing happened last year to a buyer who purchased a tree from Ideal World and she went all the way in sorting the problem out Stuart.
Take a look here http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/shopping-channels/

Contact the Office of Fair Trading,don't bother trying to contact Ideal World as their record in replying to customer complaints and sorting out refunds is abysmal.
Good Luck Matey..........:wink:

Oh and don't forget to take a look at other peoples comments on the service they have received from Ideal World there are some truly amazing eye openers there........:wonder:

Last edited:
Top tip: Never buy anything from IW. It's not worth the angst and the hassle if a problem occurs. I hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction!

After looking at the complaints section in the Daily Mirror in regards to appalling customer service by Ideal World copied and pasted this which includes UK contact details.......

Heather January 17,2012
See my blogs above. Your problem appears to be the same as my one.Mine is now resolved !
Contact a British Customer Relations Officer at Ideal and I bet you,it WILL be sorted.
Best on to e mail is
Clair.Perkins@ideal shopping direct.co.uk
she sorted mine out in less than 24 hours.
e-mail her ALL the details,Customer No ,Item No_Order No etc.

Also you could phone Marion Garton on 01733 777361.You may get her voicemail,if so leave your details and she will get back to you,give her 24 hours,if no reply phone again and again.
The Head Of Customer Services is DAVID PECK
Come back to this site with the results

Maybe the contact details are worth a shot!

I'd say go to the Office of Fair Trading or to Trading Standards; IW are mis-selling if they aren't living up to the customer service they promise on screen.

And all those managers who are suddenly uncontactable: SHAME on you!

Is a pity IW never respond to threads like this - they only get their knickers in a twist if one of us DARES to suggest that their presenters are less than whiter-than-white.

Update: After sending a chasing email I received a response from Customer Service on Monday (27/2) saying they would let me know within 4 working days about a replacement or refund

Guess what. I have heard absolutely nothing.

I have sent a final email today demanding a response within 48 hours. After that I will follow the advice given and contact trading standards and also see if I can get a refund through my bank

Stuart

Considering IW peeps do read this 'ere forum (and I KNOW you do, 'cos you've complained about ME often enough! :tongue: ), you'd think ONE of them would do the decent thing and contact stuartf regarding his CS problems.

But no: they only get interested if one of us hurts the feelings of one of their poor delicate little flowers (otherwise known as the presenters).

It makes me sick, it really does.

Stuart - embarrass the sods and complain to Watchdog. They're VERY interested in rogue traders, aren't they? :smirk:

Considering IW peeps do read this 'ere forum (and I KNOW you do, 'cos you've complained about ME often enough! :tongue: ), you'd think ONE of them would do the decent thing and contact stuartf regarding his CS problems.

But no: they only get interested if one of us hurts the feelings of one of their poor delicate little flowers (otherwise known as the presenters).

It makes me sick, it really does.

Stuart - embarrass the sods and complain to Watchdog. They're VERY interested in rogue traders, aren't they? :smirk:

I couldn't agree more HC!
Not one representative from Ideal World have posted a response to defend the company in regards to customer complaints on this forum.
That speaks volumes doesn't it,and it only confirms my belief that Ideal World are just a bunch of "Back Street Rogue Traders".

Some welcome news. I got a reply from someone called Nigel promising a replacement peach tree within 14 days

Possibly the complaint on the IW Facebook page helped?

Will keep you posted!

Update: Replacement Peach tree received by my mum. I haven't seen it but according to my mum a very nice specimen, much better and larger than the original

Thank you Ideal World. Now if only you could deliver this level of customer service without the ordeal!

Stuart

Latest posts

Back