Returns

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ally11

Registered Shopper
I tried to post this on another thread, but I'm not sure it worked?

Anyway, I bought some rings off tjc, as I'm looking for an engagement ring. I live on an island, so online and tv shopping is the only way I can get to buy and also get items on approval.
I returned the items, as they were not really what I was after, and anyway I'm now after a columbian emarald and diamond ring.
However, tjc have now returned some of the items, stating they were not within the warranty time. I only had them for 8-10 days!
On the invoice it states 30 days to decide.
I am extreemly upset by this as I'm now left with 3 engagement rings.
I feel very sick about this.
Does anybody have any advice?
Thankyou.

I'm sorry - the reason you didn't get a response was because a Mod had to approve you first.

I can't help i'm afraid but now the rest of the forum can see this i'm sure somebody will have some advice - welcome to ST.com :1:

I tried to post this on another thread, but I'm not sure it worked?

Anyway, I bought some rings off tjc, as I'm looking for an engagement ring. I live on an island, so online and tv shopping is the only way I can get to buy and also get items on approval.
I returned the items, as they were not really what I was after, and anyway I'm now after a columbian emarald and diamond ring.
However, tjc have now returned some of the items, stating they were not within the warranty time. I only had them for 8-10 days!
On the invoice it states 30 days to decide.
I am extreemly upset by this as I'm now left with 3 engagement rings.
I feel very sick about this.
Does anybody have any advice?
Thankyou.

Hi ally welcome to the forum
Thats awful! did you buy them during any of the sales? because the first sale that they had recently they were only giving a 7 working day money back period and the second sale they stated a 10 day money back period! check your invoices it will say on there.

Hi,
thanks for answering.
They've only sent two of the invoices back, (I also bought a necklace which was for my mum's birthday, but it arrived too late, I'll keep that and give it her for Christmas, if need be), but there's 2 invoices missing.
On the two invoices I got back there's nothing atall stating 7 or 10 day return period.

I'm not sure if it was a sale day.

I only got the package this evening from the post office, (it's our shop too, so stays open after the p.o is shut), and by that time their office was shut, so too late to phone.
I'll have to wait till Monday.
I'm worried sick.

Thanks.

Sounds very strange, wonder why they didn't return all of your invoices?
Email Percy he is great and has helped many of us here, he became the customer services manager around June (when the last one left) but has worked in customer service a long time and is so helpful.
[email protected]
good luck and let us know how you get on.

Good advice Gemcherub,wlecome Ally and good luck with it,can i be nosey and ask what island you live on ?

Welcome to the forum, ally11
sign0016.gif
. If all else fails (and hopefully it will be resolved), you could post pics of your jewellery on here. I am sure there would be a buyer for it; if not here, then possibly e-bay? We are always being told how valuations come back a lot higher than their purchase prices...you may even make a profit if it is sold to the right people:4: I hope you can get a full refund, though. It might help to mention that you post on this forum and it would be good PR for them if they can sort it out.

Hi,
thanks gemcherub and snoopy.
I'll try e-mailing Percy.

I was really looking forward to shopping at tjc. there was even a columbian emerald ring on auction this morning that I was interested in.

I live in the Orkneys, on one of the islands, but I'd rather not say which one. Everybody knows everybody up here and I wouldn't want one of my neighbours knowing my business, if they came on this site!

A x

Thanks to huggles too. Our posts must have crossed.
Thanks for the welcomes too.
Ax

Hi all,
I've had an e-mail back off Percy. He has been extreemly helpful and is trying to help me resolve the matter.
I can't thank you enough gemcherub for your advise.
Hopefully when this is all sorted I'll be shopping again.
I'm also after a pink saphire necklace for my neice's 13th. One came up yesterday, but I was too fed up to bid.

Anyway I'll update you later, and thankyou again to gemcherub for putting me on to Percy.

Best wishes to all, and happy shopping!

A x:1:

Last edited:
Great news Percy is one in a million! i'm sure he'll sort it out very quickly, now you can stop worrying and continue shopping LOL

:1:
thanks cherub, he seems like a nice bloke. He got back to me really quickly.
They were lovely rings, high quality, but I'm after more bling!
I'll be bidding again once my credit card has recovered!

A

there was even a columbian emerald ring on auction this morning that I was interested in.

Ally, just in case you didn't know, an emerald wouldn't really be suitable as an engagement ring if you were planning to wear it every day. Emerals are OK for occasional wear, but too soft if you are planning to wear it all the time. The same goes for tanzanite.

The hardest stones and therefore the best for everyday wear are diamonds, sapphires and rubies.

Good luck choosing!

:33:
thankyou MissM. You've given me something to think about now!
I may go for rubies (with diamonds),then as they're my birthstone too.
Or maybe ceylon saphire?
Thanks,
A

Don't forget that sapphires come in all colours of the rainbow - not just blue!

And of course there are coloured diamonds...

:1:Hi Miss M
I thought about coloured diamonds, but they're not natural are they? I'd like to go for as natural as possible.
I'll be keeping my eye out for coloured sapphires though.
Maybe I ought to use the tjc shopper service, but then again I quite I quite like watching and waiting for something to come up.
A x

:1:Hi Miss M
I thought about coloured diamonds, but they're not natural are they? I'd like to go for as natural as possible.
I'll be keeping my eye out for coloured sapphires though.
Maybe I ought to use the tjc shopper service, but then again I quite I quite like watching and waiting for something to come up.
A x

Most coloured diamonds are colour enhanced, but some are natural, Ally. A lot of the yellows are natural, and there are also natural pale pinks about. I think TJC was selling the natural pinks as "rose pink" - expensive, though. Worth asking the personal shopper what you're looking for. (There are some natural pink and yellow diamond rings on Gems TV at the moment, too.)

Latest posts

Back