Daily Mirror investigates IW

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

H

HoodedClaw

Guest Shopper
Horatio posted a link to this in a response in another thread, but I think this is important enough to warrant a thread of its own.

A woman contacted the Daily Mirror (see HERE ) when she was getting the runaround froim IW's fabled customer service team.

Thanks to having to resort to this action, the lady DID get her money back. IW's response? "Mrs Magnus has now been given a full refund so thanks for bringing this to our attention."

Now, considering the woes consistently reported here about the less-than-stellar service IW provides, AND the complaints from people who commented on the article so far, you'd think that IW would be promising to pull its socks up and get itself sorted. Especially since a LOT of potential shoppers read the Daily Mirror.

But no. Their attitude appears to be along the lines of "We've given that woman her money back, so that's the end of the issue".

I wonder just how many customers IW loses through its lack of customer service. Just how long can a company that loses any respect for its customers as soon as it gets its grubby little mitts on their cash continue to trade?

I totally agree HC.....!
it seems that quite a number of people have had problems with Ideal World and it's not only the Daily Mirror who have brought this issue to the publics attention,there are many other organisations who have done the same but it's a case of the majority of people are just not aware of their findings.
In case you forget to click on the "Comments" link from the original link submitted by HC in the previous post,here it is:

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2011/07/ideal-world-tv-loses-unhappy-c.html#comments

"thanks for bringing this to our attention."

What a ridiculous thing to say! How flippant, like it's never happened before.......where is the apology for the shocking service? :headbang:

I had to get trading standards involved before IW CS would respond to emails about returning something (I won't phone their premium line on principle).

I have said for a long time that the main problem with Ideal World is their terrible customer service and the fact that they base their call centre in India,were the reps cannot understand basic English and are totally unhelpful and rude.
Following on from the Daily Mirror investigation on the appalling customer service record at Ideal World take a look (if you have the time) at the reviews submitted by unhappy and distraught customers on the popular review centre website......http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews87736.html.

With 452 reviews and only one star given,this obviously proves that it is not only just a small minority of shoppers who have been treated badly by customer services at Ideal World.
I think it is about time that Ideal World are once again scrutinised by the relevant Authorities.............:happy:

I've been reading through the complaints and found this

We rang to complain, only to be told that the trees would never bear fruit because we needed 2 trees of the same type so they could germinate or something (as you've gathered, gardening is not my strong point LOL). They apologised profusely and said that everyone who bought the set of 3 fruit trees would be having the same problem and we would all be given another 3 trees so that we'd have 2 trees of each. It's now our 3rd year, and the second lot trees never arrived, and I doubt if they ever will...in other words, once they've got your order, they don't want to know.....

Is that right?? you have to have two trees so they can germinate before they bear fruit?

If it is right, why were IW selling them in sets of three?

Sounds like something off a comedy show :smirk:

Personally I believe that any company that choses to treat its customers with such complete and utter disregard and contempt do not deserve to still be trading!

I'd love to see a member of IW management come on here and explain just why they operate the way that they do.

I mean, it hardly sounds like "family, friendship, fun" to me.

More like "flannel, fakery, fraud".

I wonder what Watchdog would make of them?

I had a lot of problems with QVC a few years ago and refuse to buy anything from them now.
I dont even look at their guide or watch any of their shows and I cant think there is anything that they would start selling that would tempt me to buy from them because of their appaulling (sp) customer service

I am actually surprised that they are still in business because of the amount of unhappy customers that they have

I had a lot of problems with QVC a few years ago and refuse to buy anything from them now.
I dont even look at their guide or watch any of their shows and I cant think there is anything that they would start selling that would tempt me to buy from them because of their appaulling (sp) customer service

I am actually surprised that they are still in business because of the amount of unhappy customers that they have

It is no surprise to me that QVC or any shopping channel now and again make mistakes, but Ideal World really do take the gold medal for being the worse for customer service.I would say that is a fact.

It is no surprise to me that QVC or any shopping channel now and again make mistakes, but Ideal World really do take the gold medal for being the worse for customer service.I would say that is a fact.

Sorry just re-read my post and I should have said its Ideal World that I had the problems with and I now dont watch or wont buy from them ever again. I still buy from QVC
All companies can make mistakes but its how they deal with their customers to recify them that makes the difference.

"Before your time"?

Stumpy, Marie Lloyd's only JUST before your time :tongue:

Latest posts

Back