Megadrops are back!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bennyxp

Registered Shopper
Why? Because it's a leap year! :L For 1 day only.

I'd like to see what items will be going for £1, and how many they have. - I personally thinkt hey will be good items, as they generally are when it's a one day special or only a few days.

I am sure even if the items are of good quality they will still make far more money on people calling and missing out than if they sold them at the RRP. I know they are not a charity but people calling don't realise how small a chance they have to get one.

PJ

On at lease one occasion when they did megadrops in the past, they also sold later on a huge quantity of something else at a ludicrously high price, therefore effectively subsidising the loss of at least one of the megadrops. The two megadrops I saw recently were essentially rubbish items anyway and in both cases they had to resort to a 1 minute clock before they all sold (though they all did eventually sell).

If they're contemplating using megadrops as a serious promotional tool they will have to include a few expensive products selling for £1, in which case get on the phone quick if they're selling anything that looks half decent
mysmilie_62.gif

On at lease one occasion when they did megadrops in the past, they also sold later on a huge quantity of something else at a ludicrously high price, therefore effectively subsidising the loss of at least one of the megadrops. The two megadrops I saw recently were essentially rubbish items anyway and in both cases they had to resort to a 1 minute clock before they all sold (though they all did eventually sell).

[/IMG]

But those aren't official megadrops. Yes, they may have the sound Etc. but not an official event.

But those aren't official megadrops. Yes, they may have the sound Etc. but not an official event.

I don't know how much more official it can be: they sell something for a pound, they CALL IT Megadrop ...
Are you saying that most of the 'megadrops' are just the way to con people into believing something that's not real (aka Official)???

And what do you mean official: they register it somewhere to make it so??? lol

I don't know how much more official it can be: they sell something for a pound, they CALL IT Megadrop ...
Are you saying that most of the 'megadrops' are just the way to con people into believing something that's not real (aka Official)???

And what do you mean official: they register it somewhere to make it so??? lol

Andy Hodgson had the M Megadrop logo behind him in the last few weeks.

Official megadrops are when they promote it with adverts, and have the glittery £1 signs around the studio. I agree that the music and VT shouldn't be played when it isn't official. And official megadrop promotions are when they choose items for £1, which would usually go for a much higher price.

adverts suggest the megadrops will be decent items lets see shall we? cos i can't remember last time something big went for a pound well not really a pound is it money grabbing that they are

A proper megadrop how they used to be.

Yes the p&p was £15.99 but the quantity was already falling when they dropped it from £240 to a £1 so they could easily have left it and made a sizeable profit.

Last edited:
Official megadrops are when they promote it with adverts, and have the glittery £1 signs around the studio. I agree that the music and VT shouldn't be played when it isn't official. And official megadrop promotions are when they choose items for £1, which would usually go for a much higher price.

If a Bid presenter is standing in front of a screen that says "Megadrop", the annoying recorded voice shouts "Megadrop" on a loop and the presenter starts acting like a 3 year old with ADHD who's forgotten to take their meds and starts screeching "It's a Megadrop!" (yes Sally Jacks, I'm talking about you), then I don't think it's a Jewellery Avalanche, do you? :thinking:

If a Bid presenter is standing in front of a screen that says "Megadrop", the annoying recorded voice shouts "Megadrop" on a loop and the presenter starts acting like a 3 year old with ADHD who's forgotten to take their meds and starts screeching "It's a Megadrop!" (yes Sally Jacks, I'm talking about you), then I don't think it's a Jewellery Avalanche, do you? :thinking:
No it's obviously a presenter who's just swallowed a whole bucket of strangely-coloured pills bought from a less-reputable nightclub
mysmilie_13.gif

Or Peter Simon's forgotten to take his meds again :wink:

If this is the case, and OFFICIAL megadrops are very day, why do they have an advert for 1 day only then? The "Megadrops" they have everyday are items which go for £1 anyway

If this is the case, and OFFICIAL megadrops are very day, why do they have an advert for 1 day only then? The "Megadrops" they have everyday are items which go for £1 anyway

Benny love, don't try and get the better of 'The Claw' or we'll be scrapping you off the floor and taking you home in a bucket:wink:

What do you mean "OFFICIAL megadrops"?

ALL "megadrops" that are arranged by Bid are "official", whether they are advertised in advance as such or not.

As for how Bid works: why ask on here, as Bid themselves don't seem to know! They are supposed to be the UK's biggest discount channel (their words, not mine), yet they have "clearance sales" every other week. They act as if they're a shopping telly site like QVC or IW say, but you have to be "lucky" when you call in to buy something as you could miss out and be charged for the call anyway. They have Peter Simon and company making out that no-name "names" are high end designer brands to fool the gullible, have allegedly been flogging fake diamonds in their jewellery, and cheerfully gloss over the fact that if you purchase on the phone they'll charge you an arm and a leg to get even the smallest item delivered to you - "multibuy" from them, indeed! :taphead:

So I'd say there are more important things to be concerned about with Bid than how they decide to advertise/not advertise their Megadrops.

So I'd say there are more important things to be concerned about with Bid than how they decide to advertise/not advertise their Megadrops.

I think you will find I never said about the advertisment of megadrops. All I mentioned was that official megadrops are back where items like diamond rings, mobile phones Etc. go for £1. Not silly fishing DVD's where they have to put a clock on.

Latest posts

Back