Biggest liar?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bexi

J'adore Labrador
Who do you think is the biggest bullshi**er?

I'd say Sally Jaxxxxxxxx, Scottish James, Peter Simon and James Russell :confused:

Caroline Lyndsey can bs for England. The Spiv does it too. I can forgive Peter Simon because he is entertaining and I think sometimes he does it to take the piss out of Sit-Ups.

If they want to keep their jobs then they ALL have to do it; some are better at hiding it than others, though.

I'd say Sally Jaxxxxxxxx, Scottish James, Peter Simon and James Russell :confused:
You forgot Steve McDonald who would get an Olympic gold medal for lying if there was such a category :wink:

It may be true that all the presenters have to lie in order to sell product but some presenters are still basically more honest than others. And Peter Simon is normally guilty of comedic exaggeration anyway :tongue:

They may not get commission for how many they sell as they say, but what is stopping bid having a reward for the best seller of the week/ month? If the best seller of the month got a £500 voucher, I'm sure this could get them wanting to sell more.

ALL of them!! lol

But the top prize I would give to Guy Kean with his scaring tactics, stupid face expressions and disgusting lies.

I had a good giggle last week when he was selling some shoddy crystal bird or fish for a fiver. The thing was not selling too well so he said something like: 'if you went to Murano to buy a similar thing, you would probably have to pay £3000'. lol

Last edited:
they are all as bad as each other james russell and steve seem to be the worst though agree re peter think it's comic effect lol

ALL of them!! lol

But the top prize I would give to Guy Kean with his scaring tactics, stupid face expressions and disgusting lies.

I had a good giggle last week when he was selling some shoddy crystal bird or fish for a fiver. The thing was not selling too well so he said something like: 'if you went to Murano to buy a similar thing, you would probably have to pay £3000'. lol

Having a quick peek t'other day during the "normal" telly break, I caught some poor sucker trying to flog one of these - a dolphin. It was ghastly and jsut a few very basic and ugly cuts and he said something along the lines of "how much would you have to pay in a Swarovski shop". Blimey, if Swarovski were selling anything like this we'd have never hear of 'em.

My first and last visit for many a long year.xxxxxxxx

To an extent they are all (bar Cindy!) guilty of lying to try and make sales.

The worst culprits though are Sally 'I absolutely love this (to every bloomin' product!)' Jaxx and Spiv 'we're losing money on this, I can't believe the price, we're cutting our losses (again, to every bloomin' product)' McDonald, and to a lesser extent the likes of Nicola George, James Russell and Peter Simon. I can't comment on your Guy Keans, Caroline Lindsays and Chris Birketts as they bore me to tears, and if ever they are on the channel usually gets changed pretty sharpish.

I would like to state that I have never knowingly misled the audience about anything.

Though if you were a liar, you WOULD say that, wouldn't you? Joke! :wink:

That's the problem: if one person in a company decides to exaggerate or lie, everyone else gets seen as liars too.

Just been watching Mark Somebodyorother selling a pressure washer. He kept going on about how they were £150 from ScrewFix. I think it went for £89+all the add ons.

'Use it and if you don't like it send it back. In fact, don't send it back, sell it on and make a bit for yourself' and he does a sly wink, wink at the camera

So he's telling people to sell on a USED item and make more than they bought it for off Bid.

What a load of kak :bandit:

Though if you were a liar, you WOULD say that, wouldn't you? Joke! :wink:

That's the problem: if one person in a company decides to exaggerate or lie, everyone else gets seen as liars too.
This evening I watched Adam Heppenstall on Price-drop sell some kitchen knives, and the sales pitch was completely lie-free and as genuine as it's possible to get. Of course the product he was selling more or less sells itself on merit therefore there was no need for any exaggeration, but it does suggest that it's the products they are tasked to sell that partly determine the sales pitch employed. Therefore get some quality products and the problem is solved :smile:

However Adam did have a tacky watch to sell later on which at least had the redeeming feature of speaking the time when you want it to.

However Adam did have a tacky watch to sell later on which at least had the redeeming feature of speaking the time when you want it to.

What in: Pidgin English? Esperanto? PeterSimonese? :wonder:

"This time is just delicious. It's a better time to you than we could ever have brought. We wanted a MUCH later time than this." :giggle:

I'm sure I saw Peter Simon selling a Hooded Claw Edition of the speaking watch. Everytime you say something to it, the watch bitches back... :tongue:

I'm sure I saw Peter Simon selling a Hooded Claw Edition of the speaking watch. Everytime you say something to it, the watch bitches back... :tongue:

I'd buy a watch like that :smirk:

I posted this another thread at the time, but it seems very apt for this one:

Not long got in and switched over to see who was on, only to see Nicola George selling some Agent Provocateur products, and claiming that their bras sell for over £300 online! Well, that sounded so ridiculous that I had to investigate. Lo and behold, on Agent Provocateur's own website, the most expensive bra they sell is £125 with the cheapest being £55. So nowhere near what dishonest Nicola claims.

I'd buy a watch like that :smirk:
Whatever you do, DON'T buy the Peter Simon edition of the watch. By the time it has finished describing the time to you a minute will have passed: "Not only is it 10 o'clock it is the passage of time by the seconds; not only with the divisions of time it is the epitome of counting down to the next 30 seconds of" (interrupts) "Not only is it 10 o'clock, it is also time to reflect on the one minute past the hour of absolute delight..."

mysmilie_15.gif

Whatever you do, DON'T buy the Peter Simon edition of the watch. By the time it has finished describing the time to you a minute will have passed: "Not only is it 10 o'clock it is the passage of time by the seconds; not only with the divisions of time it is the epitome of counting down to the next 30 seconds of" (interrupts) "Not only is it 10 o'clock, it is also time to reflect on the one minute past the hour of absolute delight..."

mysmilie_15.gif

By the time PS stops telling you it's 10am it'll be 12.30. In the morning.

Latest posts

Back