I feel very sorry for Mark Ryes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tasi

Registered Shopper
Please don't all jump on me from a great height:sad: Just imagine if you were so bitter and twisted that you had no friends and so lonely that you were reduced to posting every little detail of your day on Twitter. What a sad, barren souless life. Made worse by the fact that you brought it all on yourself, and don't realise it.

Tasi, there won't be many who agree with you but stuff em, you are entitled to your opinion like everyone!

My opinion, however, hasn't changed... He's still a Class 1, Grade A, bigoted prick in my very biased opinion!!

You are a more forgiving person than me Tasi it would seem. I cannot stand the little ****!

not his biggest fan but if he wants to share every minute detail of his life on twitter so what? that's what it's for i'm guilty of tweeting too much sometimes lol

To be honest, I can't understand the appeal of Twitter at all so I wouldn't know whether Mark was happy, sad, or whatever.

I've not got the time to tweet my every move and even less time, or desire, to read what other people are doing or eating for breakfast.

Hope I've not offended any avid tweeters, but it's just my opinion on it. And I'm not on Facebook either.

Please don't all jump on me from a great height:sad: Just imagine if you were so bitter and twisted that you had no friends and so lonely that you were reduced to posting every little detail of your day on Twitter. What a sad, barren souless life. Made worse by the fact that you brought it all on yourself, and don't realise it.

That's the major point: only he can do something about his situation, but if he can't or won't then there's not a lot anyone else can do.

If someone thinks that they are talented in some way they tend to feel hard done by if they're being ignored, and this can lead to an inflated sense of self-importance. Mark ought to be thankful for the work he has received when other presenters have frequently been reduced to getting off-air jobs like becoming a lecturer (or worse), and there's a falsehood that being very assertive and bullish can lead to greater work opportunities when the opposite can sometimes be the case.

Knowing exactly when to be assertive is a skill that certain presenters don't seem to have mastered yet :wink:

Jesus, Ryes has made more Tweet posts than hours spent selling on Bid.tv! I think he lives on the thing.

Not claiming that this specifically applies to Mark Ryes, but many people in recent years seem to have been hoodwinked into thinking that in order to get on in life they have to basically trample over everyone else in order to get there, and such a tactic I'm sure wouldn't work if people didn't allow them to get away with it hence they do (and they do get on in life, relatively speaking), at least in some cases.

But there are limits to the effectiveness of the tactic, and you end up with a trail of bitter people both in the other people they have encountered along the way and in respect of the people themselves if they become disillusioned later in life. Also known as "overpaid bankers' syndrome" :wink:

Not claiming that this specifically applies to Mark Ryes, but many people in recent years seem to have been hoodwinked into thinking that in order to get on in life they have to basically trample over everyone else in order to get there, and such a tactic I'm sure wouldn't work if people didn't allow them to get away with it hence they do (and they do get on in life, relatively speaking), at least in some cases.

But there are limits to the effectiveness of the tactic, and you end up with a trail of bitter people both in the other people they have encountered along the way and in respect of the people themselves if they become disillusioned later in life. Also known as "overpaid bankers' syndrome" :wink:

I had a good bit of advice from my mum, herself a senior nurse, when I started nursing: Always treat people as you would wish to be treated yourself and be nice to those you meet on the way up, because you'll very likely meet them on the way down. An old cliche yes, but very true and you don't go far wrong if you stick to it.
I'm not on twitter or facebook , I just don't have the time or the inclination, but I'm told that this poor man is 'tweeting' nonstop. How sad

I had a good bit of advice from my mum, herself a senior nurse, when I started nursing: Always treat people as you would wish to be treated yourself and be nice to those you meet on the way up, because you'll very likely meet them on the way down. An old cliche yes, but very true and you don't go far wrong if you stick to it.
I'm not on twitter or facebook , I just don't have the time or the inclination, but I'm told that this poor man is 'tweeting' nonstop. How sad

So true. I'm sure Mr. Ryes isn't the only person tweeting 'non-stop' either! I long for the good old days of simplicity. Sigh.

I use FB, but only to play games.

I don't see the point in announcing to all and sundry what I'm doing, since it should be fairly obvious.

I don't see the point in Twitter at all.

I use FB, but only to play games.

I don't see the point in announcing to all and sundry what I'm doing, since it should be fairly obvious.

I don't see the point in Twitter at all.
I only use Facebook to keep in touch with a small number of people of whom I don't see or hear from otherwise.

Twitter (on the other hand) can be hugely entertaining but ONLY if you use it properly. And contrary to what some seem to think there are several ways of using Twitter, therefore the key to success is to find the way that's right for you otherwise you'll get bored easily. (It may not help if all your friends exclusively use Facebook but even so it still can be very useful.)

One thing to remember is that the number and content of Twitter messages (or 'tweets') can vary hugely from person to person; Mark Ryes may bombard people with messages but Greg Scott - his Twitter username is @GreggleScotties - seems to be much more circumspect. You can be a silent 'follower' of people and not say anything if you wish, but it's much more fun exchanging messages with new-found friends. To begin with, Twitter can feel weird (like legalised stalking!) but you can make new friends if you 'follow' and exchange messages with other people who 'follow' friends that you already know (if that makes sense). Twitter's also a great source of breaking news but remember that false rumours can start in exactly the same way.

I only used Twitter to 'follow' my football club. I like seeing what that the players and management tweet.

Latest posts

Back