Acer POD

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Don't buy this from IW if you value the ability to make a purchase with the confidence of after sales service. Just hope nothing goes wrong with it because, if it does, IW won't go out of it's way to fix the problem. Also, the same product is available on the SimplyAcer website for £419.98. Obviously, Acer's main objective is to reach optimum sales figures/profits but, allowing itself to be associated with a shopping channel with such a bad reputation will certainly not achieve this. Being sold on IW has somewhat degraded the brand in my eyes, despite the fact that I bought the 5750 bluray laptop from QVC. Too many brands are now selling on both channels, HP being another major cross seller.

I know where you are coming from louise,as I wouldn't buy a box of matches from Ideal World never mind something as expensive as a laptop.
It looks like IW are trying to match QVC as Acer was always a brand used by QVC and Toshiba used by IW,but seeing as the Toshiba lap top never really sold on IW it is obvious that they have switched to Acer in a bid to try and compete with their bigger rivals QVC.
QVC is obviously the better option if you are thinking of buying a Acer laptop as they have a superior customer service record and a British call centre and Ideal World have neither of these.
Acer must be stark raving mad to associate themselves with a shoddy shopping channel like Ideal World..........!

Latest posts

Back