Pre record on bid

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bennyxp

Registered Shopper
They have the Toyota sewing machine on with Andrea 12-1 pm. This was recorded with Andrea yesterday. I'm not sure why they have put it on between 12-1, becuase Mark Stewart only came on at 11:30, I'd have thought 11:30 or 2 pm would have been a better time.

If this is a pre record then how can they get away with the presenter mentioning that the phone lines were getting busy ? And isn't that the chap that used to be a studio guest on IW when they were selling them ?

If this is a pre record then how can they get away with the presenter mentioning that the phone lines were getting busy ? And isn't that the chap that used to be a studio guest on IW when they were selling them ?

I think it is him, yes. It is bad that they say it's busy. IW can say there are queues on the line when it's a repeat, as it clearly states it's a repeat, while bid doesn't. But it was busy, they sold all 110 of them they had. :)

Mark Stewart has now got a 30 minute special for a crisp maker on bid. I think this will be made into a pre record, because the telephone number is different.

A crisp maker?
It must be from their 'how to make yourself fatter for less' collection.. :mysmilie_5:
I get the point though... the Tommy and Kate 'slimming' collection not selling too well - they need a sales boost lol

Not seen this yet but does Mark Stewart attempt to claim in any way that home-made crisps are somehow 'healthier' than shop-bought crisps? At least with your own crisps you can add your own salt as opposed to getting a whole shaker's worth in each packet :smile:

(However I think you can still get Salt and Shake crisps complete with blue salt sachet, though I haven't seen any very recently.)

Why would you want a crisp maker when B&M and Home Bargains sell Walkers Crisps for 10p?

Ahhh B&M my spiritual home. There were cushions 'recommended' in a magazine last week. A must have for a home makeover. They were £25 each. They've got the same in B&M £6!

Why would you want a crisp maker when B&M and Home Bargains sell Walkers Crisps for 10p?

Because he was selling it, but kept saying "The average kid eats 2 bags of crisps per day, and that is 5 litres of oil a year! If you get this, they will have none becuase they are microwaved and not deep fat fried..." So the scare tactic was out again! :p To be honest, I have 1 bag of crisps per day, so would be 2.5 litres, but to be honest, it isn't that much per day, only when you add it up over the year it gets high. You could do the same with sugar ETc.

I just ordered one of these...not from Sit-up but off Ebay.

It's healthier because it is microwaved without any oil or salt at all.

I'm looking forward to trying it out. At £5.49 (not £12+ with Sit-up) it's not such a waste of money if it doesn't live up to the claims.

Lol well if it's a choice of buy a 10p bag of crisps or going out buying potatoes, flavourings, etc etc then I will stick with Walkers.

Yeh, they are very moreish, HC.

Looking forward to making my own!

Crisp maker just one of those gadgets that sits in a cupboard and is never used like ice cream makers and bread makers. If you want crisps you don't want to sit making them for ages you just want a packet that you can open.

Latest posts

Back