They really will say anything

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gray

"Just 'av a buy"
This is based off the bit of Price Drop I saw this morning before I went out.

So we've seen Peter Simon's long winded monologues selling various stuff off the back of a small donation to Marie Curie, we've seen Andy Hodgson's scare tactics when selling the fire blanket, well I saw a new one from Far Mani this morning.

I only had the channel on as it is one of just two shifts that Cindy does on Freeview, and unfortunately she has to share the time with Far. Anyway, Far was selling some digital video camera and the premise of his pitch was his late Uncle who had passed away last year (wish he had film of him, photos don't capture what a video can etc). Amazing. I know that most of them will saw anything for a sale, but this was a new one for me.

So we've seen Peter Simon's long winded monologues selling various stuff off the back of a small donation to Marie Curie, we've seen Andy Hodgson's scare tactics when selling the fire blanket, well I saw a new one from Far Mani this morning.

I only had the channel on as it is one of just two shifts that Cindy does on Freeview, and unfortunately she has to share the time with Far. Anyway, Far was selling some digital video camera and the premise of his pitch was his late Uncle who had passed away last year (wish he had film of him, photos don't capture what a video can etc). Amazing. I know that most of them will saw anything for a sale, but this was a new one for me.

Far-fetched for sure! :giggle:

I was watching someone dashing about with a trolley on Price Drop saying that back in the old days there was Ingersoll and Gianni Ricci. Then Gianni Ricci disappeared but now they're back :cool:

Well I've never heard of them but I've heard of Ingersoll. The Gianni Ricci watch trolleyman was selling went for a tenner.

Lisa Brash used to always talk about her dad and how the videos are al she has now, but Lisa was more genuine about it as we know how she felt about her dad.

I do wish presenters wouldn't 'share' stuff like this. It's a ****** cheap £30 video camcorder, for goodness sake!

I've seen another female presenter (don't know her name; could have been Sally Jaxx?) also go on about old photographs and how she was glad that she had home video footage of family members that had passed away, etc., all this for (yes you've guessed it) a cheap Vivitar video camera.

There's a very thin line between emphasising the importance of photos or videos and mawkish exploitation just to sell a camera, and I suspect that presenters are being encouraged to cross that line. (See also: worry angels and other bits of tat.)

It beats me WHY anyone would want to be filmed for posterity; unless you're used to it, you tend to come across as a bit of a t*t.

Latest posts

Back