Will the auction format disappear in favour of fixed price recorded features?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

steveh31

Registered Shopper
There are more and more fixed price recorded features appearing across the three channels particularly Speed Auction during the day.

Is this the sign of the future direction of the channels? Could they eventually change a channel ie Price Drop to a total features channel.

They have obviously seen the benefits and savings of using pre recorded output with a presenter and an expert I can see the days of live auctions coming to an end in favour of these type of features.

If it means less of the pointless waffle and guff by presenters, I would say go for it. But if it means a half hour of the London Treasures trash (as we had last night) or a whole hour of AA Tanzanite, then forget it.

I think this is definitely the future for speed auction. Bid however would be more likely to have a mixture as that's their most successful channel plus they'd be live whilst recording the fixed price specials to show later. I just wish they would scrap JCM infomercials which show between 1.30am and 7.45am. I'd watch at these times so much more if there was bid content even if it was pre recorded!
As for bid shopping dropping the auction format completely I feel this would be a bad decision as it is their niche and sets them apart from QVC, Ideal World etc.
Maybe get rid of the crap presenters and just keep the good ones and level it out with a mixture of live and pre recorded broadcasts.
Double shows would be good too e.g. A Fashion Show with Sally and Sophie hosting, Jenny and Ben modelling.
Or a fun, lively daytime show hosted by Charlie Mcardle and Alex Kramer on the sofa between 2pm and 6pm with Jenny and Ben modelling fashion items on the catwalk with commentary from 'renowned' fashion expert Wendy Elsmore along with items for the home with guest Sally Jaxx known for her interior design and other guest James Russell talking about jewellery promptly followed by Peter Sherlock with his pick of the latest designer fragrances.

I think it will happen a lot, and I can see then scrapping screenshop, and have pre records during the night.

Peter Sherlock hosting a Fragrances segment would be great
Gay Keane hosting mobility aids and gadgets
Mike Mason and Marina Berry hosting a music CD/DVD & memorabillia night
The Spiv hosting home furnishing/accessories
James Russell doing jewellery & watches

Latest posts

Back