Confused with the Brompton & Cooper brand on Sit-ups

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
As usual, there is nothing on the internet about this 'brand' except on the Sit-up auction links, so we can assume it is another one of their fictitious 'premium' 'exclusive' brands to them.

But I am a little confused with Peter Simon's constant references to "Susie Cooper" famous for her ceramics and designs in the present tense, as she died in 1995. I have searched for other "Susie" and "Suzy" Coopers via Google and have come up with nothing. If there is another celebrated Susie Cooper as a ceramics maker and designer, you would think she would have a presence on the internet not only as an individual artist but also as part of the Brompton & Cooper brand?

Is Peter Simon trying to pass off the real Susie Cooper who died in 1995 as designer of these pieces they are selling on Bid? I really hope not, because in my opinion, that would be fraudulent and buyers could be mistaken that the pieces they are buying are by the lady who died in 1995.

Does anyone have any further information? :dull:

I'm afraid it is yet anther example of Bid's slight of hand. Their 'Suzy Cooper' is absolutely nothing to do with the Susie Cooper who was famous for her Art Deco ceramics. As I said in another thread today, it's like spivs selling out of a suitcase.

Brompton & Cooper is a brand made exclusively for Bid Shopping. Created by successful British designer Suzy Cooper.

Who is she though? There is nothing on Google about 'her'! Only the celebrated artist and ceramics maker who died in 1995.

Please post links of this Suzy Cooper and her work.

and who is this Brompton character? If you ask me it's just a play on names. They obviously do not exist otherwise they would have some kind of prescence on the net. Google knows all!

Surprise surprise there's no company on companies house called 'Brompton & Cooper'.

Last edited:
Brompton & Cooper isn't a company, it is a brand.
Like Toffee Crisp is a brand and Nestle is a company.
Dairy Milk is a brand and Cadbury is a company.
Brompton & Cooper is a brand, Bid Shopping is a company.

Brompton & Cooper isn't a company, it is a brand.
Like Toffee Crisp is a brand and Nestle is a company.
Dairy Milk is a brand and Cadbury is a company.
Brompton & Cooper is a brand, Bid Shopping is a company.

Except that we've all heard of: Nestle, Cadbury....Dairy Milk and Toffee Crisps......Even Bid Shopping...:giggle:
Brompton & Cooper..not so much..:thinking:

Ok it's a brand.

But Peter Simon on Sunday night kept going on about this Suzy Cooper, a celebrated ceramics designer, yet she has NO presence on the internet at all.

I don't think she exists and Mr Peters is LYING and talking bullsh*t trying to pass off this crap as something 'exclusve'. It is fraudulent activity.

There is a Susie Cooper who was famous for her ceramic works but she died in 1995. If Sit-up is trying to link this deceased person to their merchandise, I think it is wrong and deceitful.

Last edited:
http://www.susiecooper.net/

"British designer Susie Cooper is World famous for her work on pottery which was produced in Stoke on Trent." Not even sit up's words

But if you click on biography you get this:

Susie Cooper RDI 1902 - 1995
Born in 1902 in the Stansfield area of Burslem, Stoke on Trent, Susie Cooper's education eventually found her studying under the influence of Gordon Forsyth, having been awarded a scholarship at the Burslem School of Art. Intending to pursue a career in fashion, her application to the Royal College of Art, London was rejected because she was not currently working in a related industry. Gordon Forsyth suggested that Susie should work for a local potter, A.E.Gray in order to meet the college requirements. In 1922 Susie joined A.E.Gray initially to train as a paintress. however she was soon promoted to resident designer.

"Susie Cooper" is not the same "Suzy Cooper" who appears in the Sit-Up listing under 'description': http://store.bid.tv/bidtv/Brompton-...By-Suzy-Cooper/HO123765/ProductDetail.raction

Peter Simon was describing the works of Suzy Cooper in the present tense, as if she is alive today designing these pieces for Brompton & Cooper. I remember him describing her as the "world renowned ceramics designer". Susie Cooper died in 1995.

Suzy has worked for Wedgewood and is now a freelance designer with a studio in Cheshire.

Where did you get your information? There is nothing on the internet about her. If she is world renowned, as Peter Simon described her, then she is very illusive.

Still think it's bullshit made up by the charlatans at Bid up!

Still think it's bullshit made up by the charlatans at Bid up!
Awaits the badly-fabricated Wikipedia page that looks like a press release
biggrin.gif

In 1966 Wedgwood and Susie Cooper merged. The Wedgwood designs all carry a standard Wedgwood mark with the words designed by Susie Cooper added, however later productions of the Glen Mist pattern do not carry her name.

http://www.susiecooper.net/faq.html

Looks like the designs are from the original Susie Cooper and made by Wedgewood under a 'brand' name so that it is exclusive to Bid.tv.

I'm going with that, it's too much of a coincidence to have two Susie/Suzy Coopers who are ceramic specilists and have BOTH worked for Wedgewood! It would be like winning the lottery with those odds.

So Peter Simon can speak with the dead :drunk:

Looks like the designs are from the original Susie Cooper and made by Wedgewood under a 'brand' name so that it is exclusive to Bid.tv.

I'm going with that, it's too much of a coincidence to have two Susie/Suzy Coopers who are ceramic specilists and have BOTH worked for Wedgewood! It would be like winning the lottery with those odds.

I don't accept this at all.

This looks like an interesting page which describes the different fakes attributed to her name: http://www.susiecooper.net/fakes.html#a

I still maintain that Sit Up, (with their track record), are seeking to use the Susie Cooper name to sell their tat, but are being sneaky by using a different spelling to get round copyright issues. If they weren't trying to deceive, why haven't they used the normal spelling of her name?

In my opinion, it's all very shady and makes me even more suspicious of this shopping network.

David+Jason+as+Del+Boy+Trotter

That's what I said! AND I said so on Bid's FB page - no-one from Bid ever came back to me with info on this "Suzy Cooper" :wonder:

Latest posts

Back