QVC Pricing

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sj17

Registered Shopper
Have noticed on the website that they have put a lot of prices up especially the philsophy products. The pure grace 3 piece set £46.76 and now showing at £49.50 and the last tsv is showing at £50.75. The tsv price was £39 and it should've been £44. I know the dollar has dropped but this shouldnt affect the pricing of products that qvc already have. How can they justify these increases?

Have noticed on the website that they have put a lot of prices up especially the philsophy products. The pure grace 3 piece set £46.76 and now showing at £49.50 and the last tsv is showing at £50.75. The tsv price was £39 and it should've been £44. I know the dollar has dropped but this shouldnt affect the pricing of products that qvc already have. How can they justify these increases?

How did you come to these prices? Don't forget if goods are imported from abroad there are other costs involved (fuel!) and duties to be paid.

I bet their profits are nose diving. After all, nearly everything they sell is non essential and people are having to cut back.

Whats this Baby Grace like ? Is it weak like the others ? I do love the bath products as they never react to my skin or scalp and smell divine but i get them from Ebay as its gone up so much now on QVC.

I expect it's a sign of the times as absolutely everything else is going up in price- gas, petrol, electricity, food etc. QVC are just doing what everyone else is doing. Yesterday's LG TSV was not exactly a sell out and I imagine there will be plenty more like that.

Pinkearplugs- I have Amazing Grace shower gel, body lotion and edt and I slap it on thick every morning and can't smell a thing after 5mins, so I think it's weak. Yet, when I meet a friend she always says I smell gorgeous, and this is maybe 3 hours after I've put the stuff on. I suppose different people perceive smells differently.

Perhaps Philosophy themselves have put their prices up so in turn it is costing QVC more to buy the items in the first place.

The National Minimum Wage goes up in October too - so I'm sure there will be a few Companies with price rises over the next couple of months to cover the cost :daisy:

Philosophy are now owned by a different company. Quite a few people over on QVC US community board have been complaining about the quality going down and also the prices going up too. So I will say we here will find on different US brands the prices will start to go up because of company prices increases, the dollar to pound rate too. The dollar was very nearly $1.95 to the pound now it is down to $1.77 last time I looked.

We here have had it so good on so many US brands with QVC prices, compared to the price you actually price in a store. Things are getting much tougher and the companies will tighten what they sell to QVC at and to keep their profess QVC will raise prices too.

Do you know I think the exact same thing.

In my local ASDA they sell jewellery, right, one day I nipped in and got a gold chain very good it was priced too, I went in the next day(the day they announced gold had gone up) and the same chain had gone up £3. I just could not believe it, why put the prices up on stock they already have, they bought them at low gold prices so why not wait for the next batch to arrive before putting up the prices? I just don't understand it.

Now I know they were not the new batch as I asked about that when I went in and saw the new prices.

I don't get it. It does confuse me as to why they don't wait till they get new orders to up the prices.

Perhaps Philosophy themselves have put their prices up so in turn it is costing QVC more to buy the items in the first place.

Everyone is putting their prices up - everything is costing more, whether you're QVC or us! It would be remarkable if QVC could afford to keep absorbing price increases, when their own costs must be skyrocketing. It's just the way of the world at the minute.

Latest posts

Back