Putting photos and avatars on forum

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
Thanks to earlier answers I can now do this BUT - - - -

It doesn't matter how clear my original photos are, they end up tiny and blurred, both as avatars and photos in my signature.

Other people's pics look much clearer, and larger.

I've tried both uploading directly to the forum from my PC, and also giving a link to them from a photo-hosting website, with the same results.

Also, I can't upload a GIF (animated). Again I've tried both methods. Sometimes it does actually upload to the forum, but does not animate.

I've spent about 4 hours experimenting, and have run out of ideas.

Any advice please?

I don't know how to manage the size either.

Hopefully, someone in the know will come along & put us out of our misery.

I upload to photobucket and use that to put my piccies on here ie. If you hover over the pic on photobucket a dropdown menu will appear if you left click on the bottom one that says something like IMG code (best one for forums and I think it keeps your pics private) copied will appear in the box. Then bring it over to here and right click your mouse and then click on paste (where you want to put the pic) and it should appear in word form but change to a pic when you post the reply.

Oh my word I'm not very good at explaining things I hope you can understand lol.

23811073.jpg

lovely pic Waterlily! I've had probs too...tried to change the avatar pic to another one of Jessie taken at the same time, but that one was deemed too large - you tell me..! Also tried to post pic of Xmas tree in last year's thread but no joy, it's something I've got to get to grips with!

Cor lumme Strato, you're a clever bugger..I see now your pic changes! (I was going to say your bottom pic but thought that would land me in trouble again!)

I have now got the changing pic up by using Waterlilly's method, using IMG as it wouldn't upload to the forum.

Still not sure about the sizing etc, and why my avatar looks blurred compared to others (although the original is sharp).

Thank you Waterlily!

My daughter had a sleep-over here last night & together we cracked it - OK, she did it for me :)

Like stratobuddy I'm going to have a play with sizes.

Well look at you Carol!
All glammed up & sparkling.
There will be no stopping us now with our avatar/ signature make-overs!

Too right!

I deliberately chose not to use an avatar as my experience on other forums was that people expect you to stick with it for some reason, seeing it as representing you - the poster. I didn't want that, so I opted for just a signature photo which I change regularly - usually when I'm up in the early hours of the morning unable to sleep.

A change is as good as a rest they say & THEY (whoever they are) are right.

Latest posts

Back