Taj Mahal Collection

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
Did anyone see this new collection about 10 days ago?

I caught the tail end of it when the items went on the web for an hour at the end of the auctions, and I bought a ring which turned out to be absolutely beautiful - covered in very sparkly chocolate diamonds, a real vintage look:
http://www.gems.tv/images/products/?c=PCVJ50&s=400

The chocolate diamonds seem to have loads more fire than the white ones Gems usually use; I suppose the colour makes them a lot cheaper, but an excellent choice in my opinion.

I'm desperate to see the rest of the collection, BUT they haven't put the Taj Mahal collection on the web, and don't yet have another show scheduled. I could understand if they have a show coming up that they don't want to sell everything on the web first, but..? I e-mailed Steve to ask if they could be put on the web, but no reply. This is most frustrating! I've been watching Gems quite a bit of late, but this is the sort of thing that ends up putting me off, as eventually I get bored of waiting. I do hope Gems are reading this, and will do something about it.

E-mailed Steve Bennett, e-mailed Customer Services... still no response (other than to say my request had been 'passed on to the relevant department'. How difficult can it be to put the items on the web, or else give me some idea of when the collection will next be aired? Do they not want to sell them? I could weep with frustration.

Does anyone have a named contact in CS who is known to be helpful?

I saw some of them and for me this was by far the best. Was only really tempted by this piece. Everything else was very nice but your ring was really spectacular.

Didn't see all of it so there may be other treasures like yours.

Thanks, Miss K - so maybe when I do see them all, I'll be disappointed! But I'd like the opportunity to look!

This ring really IS spectacular; I'd go so far as to say it's one of the loveliest things I've ever had from Gems. I would even consider buying the same design in other gemstones if available; matching earrings would be nice, too...

E-mailed Steve Bennett, e-mailed Customer Services... still no response (other than to say my request had been 'passed on to the relevant department'. How difficult can it be to put the items on the web, or else give me some idea of when the collection will next be aired? Do they not want to sell them? I could weep with frustration.

Does anyone have a named contact in CS who is known to be helpful?
I always find John Butler - Coloured Rocks Help Team wonderfull his email is [email protected]

Thanks, GC - I'll give them a couple more days to reply, and then I'll e-mail John.

Well, I saw the show; nothing else grabbed my attention as much as the citrine, but what a great idea for a collection.

Question: would it be completely insane for me to buy a second idential citrine ring? I have it in my basket; the price is £289. My thinking is that it is one of the most gorgeous things in my jewellery collection, and I would have 'back up' in case anything happened to the first one, i.e. lost or badly damaged - like most shopping telly jewellery these days, the goldwork is very flimsy. (This is the woman who has four idential pairs of my all-time favourite summer sandals, as spares for when the first ones wear out, because of all the times I've regretting not doing that in the past - but of course shoes, unlike rings, do wear out.)

Yes, insane unless you plan to wear it more than once a week for the next two years. Take lots of pics of it and use the money to buy another lovely piece. It can always be remade/repaired and I know you have lots of other lovely pieces that need to be worn.

If you tire of any of your collection, be sure to let me know first as invariably I find myself admiring the same things as you. :clapping:

Thanks, catnip! Yes, it's really gorgeous - highly recommended. The chocolate diamonds are really excellent quality, bright and sparkly with very few inclusions.

I've never seen chocolate diamonds before. Your ring looks really boho chic and vintage.

I'd have killed for that in my teens!

And where did my first post appear from?

Saw my gorgeous ring go for £179, as opposed to the £289 I originally paid. Whoever paid £179 for it got a fantastic bargain - and I got £110 price pledge credit. Can't be bad!

How lucky that you were watching, especially as it's such a large price pledge and for something that you really love anyway! I haven't bought from Gems for many months and I only flick through their channels very occassionally now, but I'm impressed that they have stuck to their price pledge promise and also love that they've gone over to recyclable packaging - well done Gems.
Lovely to see you posting again Miss M, hope you are keeping well.

Nice to see you, too, argey and jacqualina! I don't hang out on the forum much now, (a) because I'm really too busy and (b) because, to be honest, I was getting sick of people complaining the whole time. To be sure people have a perfect right to complain - I can well understand it and I've done it myself sometimes - but it just wasn't brightening up my day!

Latest posts

Back