How do you win a megadrop

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Aimees mum

Registered Shopper
Hi everyone, yesterday I pre bid on many items on the website hoping they would drop to a pound. Three items did yet I'm not one of the winning bidders. I thought they may be cons but a few of you say you have won items in this way. How did you do it, does it depend on how early you place the bid?

If you read the t&c's about megadrops it states that your pre-bid must be at or above the "now at" price before the megadrop is announced.

Example - If you pre-bid £30 on an item and the price goes down to £35 then drops to a pound, you will not win the megadrop. If you had pre-bid £35 or more then you will win the megadrop

Hope it makes sense....:1:

If you read the t&c's about megadrops it states that your pre-bid must be at or above the "now at" price before the megadrop is announced.

Example - If you pre-bid £30 on an item and the price goes down to £35 then drops to a pound, you will not win the megadrop. If you had pre-bid £35 or more then you will win the megadrop

Hope it makes sense....:1:

Thing is especially on the good megadrops with low quantities what they tend to do is only drop the price by pennies not pounds eg start price £90 they will drop tp £89.77 then they megadrop the item,the highest bid you can place is £89 or less so when they megadrop from £89.77 to £1 everyone at £89 will NOT get item as it has dropped above £89,i notice this regularly but only normally on low quantities and descent products.

i saw a phone that megadropped this morning...samsung e900, that I did actually want,(at any price), which didn't even open on the tv..he showed the item and before the details came on the music changed and when the details finally appeared it was closed and had a £1 megadrop thing on it,...this is so dodgy!!! who says its not fixed and people dont know when they are, obviously some people do! i wondered if thats why they've stopped showing winning bidders lists on the internet because it would probably show the same winners all the time on megadrops!

i saw a phone that megadropped this morning...samsung e900, that I did actually want,(at any price), which didn't even open on the tv..he showed the item and before the details came on the music changed and when the details finally appeared it was closed and had a £1 megadrop thing on it,...this is so dodgy!!! who says its not fixed and people dont know when they are, obviously some people do! i wondered if thats why they've stopped showing winning bidders lists on the internet because it would probably show the same winners all the time on megadrops!

Iwas actually sat at my computer waiting to click confirm bid when it dropped to a £(had a feeling it was a megadrop as low quantity and they were due a mega)anyway auction closed on web and then i heard in background megadrop siren go off??auction was over,i think they are people out there with inside info.

Latest posts

Back