Pictures love canvas...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bennyxp

Registered Shopper
Bid are having a few 30 minute specials where they are selling canvases, and I'm sure they wont be on again afterwards! 2 minutes til the end of the show, and they have sold loads.....a whole SEVEN! lol

In the end 9 were sold, and the show with Charlie at 6:00pm was cancelled. The canvases have been taken down, so I expect the show with Mike with be cut too.

bidpic1.jpg
bidpic2.jpg

Charlie and his grandad and Mike Mason's family from the canvas promo

Can I get one of Peter Simon and Bet?

They sold 9??? Wow, was it an embarassing show Benny?Why do you think they didn't sell many?

Can I get one of Peter Simon and Bet?

They sold 9??? Wow, was it an embarassing show Benny?Why do you think they didn't sell many?

How much were they selling them for?

Yeah, I want to see dear Betty! lol Well the quantity wasn't on the screen, but it was counting down on the website. They had 220 to sell with Charlie and 350 more to sell with Mike, but after Andreas, they decided to stop promoting it every 5 minutes like they were all day, and the canvases disappeared! lol

I thought they weren't going to sell well, (thats why I watched online too), but I did expect them to sell more than 9!

I think they didn't sell well because;

* they were selling a VOUCHER, and you had to go on their website to order. - Not all viewers have the web, and wouldn't have an image online which they could use.

* They kept saying the name of the website. - I imagine people would have thought about just buying direct, or see the online price, and buy later in the day if it was cheaper.

* The main reason being that it was 24-30" Not everybody want a huge canvas in their home! lol People may have viewed it online and could have decided to buy some direct, but in a smaller size.

The price online was £85 direct, and bid was selling them for £45 + £9.99 P&P. I'm not sure where the £10 P&P comes from when all bid send you is the voucher, and on the website they promote their free P&P! lol - There is another point: Not everybody has £55 to splash out on a canvas.

The demonstration was really poor too, as they just kept showing a computer screen of how to order. I'd have thought if they got somebody from the company in to tell them what to expect and what they do Etc. they would have sold more. Details were quite limited, being that they didn't say how long they would take to arrive Etc.

I haven't seen any of the presentations but was there a possibility that people thought were going to get a canvas of the Mason Family or Charlie & his brother and that's why they didn't sell?

Charging £9.99 for a ****** voucher is taking the piss and just smacks of stupidity.

No, they did make it clear that it was your own picture, but it didn't really interest me, like most viewers :L

Latest posts

Back