Children in Need/Sports Relief/Comic Relief

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PJ.

In an Ideal World ...
First off I hope that no one misunderstands where I am coming from with this. I think they are amazing charities and should long continue, when I worked I used to be one of the call centre team for Comic Relief a few times but this is why it is in this selection and why it really gets on my man boobs.

I can't help but think that whilst the challenges that David Walliams does are very hard and pull in more money but a lot of the stars who appear are just doing it to promote their new album or film or stage show and what really really annoys me is the celebs who beg us for our money when a)they probable combined have the final total in the evening in their bank accounts and b)the day after they will go back to their million pound apartments, drink their £100 a bottle champagne and so on. I am sure a lot of them do give a lot of their income but it is just a bit odd in my mind the people with loads of money are asking people without much money to give.

PJ

I know what you mean.

It was a similar thing when they were campaigning about the 3rd runway at Heathrow Airport. All these celebs came out of the woodwork bleating on about carbon footprints, no doubt the same ones who jet all over the world and drive everywhere.

I watched a bit of Sport Relief on Friday and it was weird.

All ha ha ha and bonhomie and back slapping then suddenly - bang! Serious faces and cut to harrowing film of desperately ill children.
Then wham! Back to the rib tickling. And flippin' James Corden.

Good on 'em for raising so much money, of course, but the programme feels ... odd.

Oh, I just hate the whole bliddy thing. It's dressed up as 'sport', but the entire spectacle actually does nothing to encourage obese Britain to change their ways long term. The most your average fat Brit will do on the day is open his/her wallet so some skinny kid in Africa won't have to walk ten miles to get clean water.

Yay. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back