Why Don't I Like Jenny Topp?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know what you mean. To me she sometimes comes across as rather 'harsh & severe' with a 'don't f*@k with me attitude) and can occationaly sound rather butch to boot :giggle:

Still, she's not too bad.

As for Sally Jaxx :yawn:, thats a different matter.

Two reasons why I'm not a fan of hers and in a way they are interlinked:

1. She always has to pipe in with her opinion. She's a model for christ's sake, all she needs to do is put on clothes, walk up and down for a bit, throw in the odd twirl and that's it. For some reason, every time I see her on she is talking and offering her opinion on the clothes, how to wear them, what it will go with, when to wear them etc.

2. She comes across as though she thinks she is above Shopping Telly and this is somehow below her. Admittedly, in my opinion, she is not the only one of the assistants who I feel this about (see Gemma Smallpage who I just imagine to be a right spoilt madam, demanding her own way, throwing tempter tantrums etc).

Maybe if she just modelled the clothes then she wouldn't be so bad. I'll save my opinions on the dreadful Sally Jaxx for an appropriate thread about her!

I think you have summed it up for me Gray those two reasons seem to agree with my opinion.

i wonder how much bitching goes on in the background between Jenny, Tori, Gemma etc. I bet Rebecca Tan is most bitched about she doesn't really fit in with the rest of them and maybe Helen Bates gets some grief.

i wonder how much bitching goes on in the background between Jenny, Tori, Gemma etc. I bet Rebecca Tan is most bitched about she doesn't really fit in with the rest of them and maybe Helen Bates gets some grief.
Rebecca is probably the closest assistant that they have to the almighty Lisa Celisse, in they both appear to be people who to have got jobs on their personality (add Lucinda to this) etc. rather than solely based on looks, which is what generally appears to be the requisite for a Sit up assistant. Not that they aren't good looking girls, they're just not conventional types (such as Marina, Gemma, Helen, Jules, Tori, Lucia, Yolisa etc).

I think Jenny always has her own opinion because wasn't she an assistant at one point before doing all this modelling and what not?

I'm sure she is nice in real life but TV wise she pulls some really awkward or annoyed looking faces when she thinks the camera isn't watching!
Bring back Melissa, Annie or the other girl (can't think of her blinking name, but I like her).

I think it's ok for a woman to have an opinion whether she is supposed to be a model or the Executive Producer of the channel. This is 2012 not 1950.

I think it's ok for a woman to have an opinion whether she is supposed to be a model or the Executive Producer of the channel. This is 2012 not 1950.

I wish it was 1950, the world was a much more pleasant place to live in!

On second thoughts, after watching an episode of 'Prisoner Cell Block H' she has the same attitude as officer 'Ferguson'. It's rather uncanny!

Latest posts

Back