£1 not low enough?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Remember it's still £7.99 p&p + £1.53 premium rate phone call charge. That's nearly a tenner added on.

Remember it's still £7.99 p&p + £1.53 premium rate phone call charge. That's nearly a tenner added on.

I know :) I was just pointing out that £1 is no longer something people jump to the phones for, so they are probably using this tactic as it is something new. :L

I know it is the same thing but I would prefer they charge a tenner and have a normal phone number and no p&p but I know they must make hundreds each auction from calls from people who miss out so it won't be likely to happen

photo (5).jpg Click to enlarge

Come on Benny. Admit that a lot of what Sit Up sell, especially the 'jewellery' and garden ornaments is ****...

I posted the pic on my wall, and after a couple of comments I wrote back "Tbh, they sell more and more tacky items now. One presenter said in the £2,000,000 clearance that they needed to sell 250,000 units. So each item has an average price of £8 (their P&P charge), so they aren't loosing anything if they sold everything for £1, because they can make a lot up with the P&P, phone call and the £1 from the item. Unfortunately the days are gone where many items are bargains :/" so I'm sure that shows that I don't think bidis perfect! lol

I agree with you Benny.

My view of shopping channels generally (not just Sit Up) is that they don't really offer value for money, sell a lot rubbish at extortionate prices and rely on high p&p prices.

Latest posts

Back