No mention of metal used in rings.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Roxy

Registered Shopper
Just got to have a moan about bid and price drop- it really infuriates me when they give over all the hype and big up rings with ok stones but no mention of what the gem is set into, ie just watched james whittle on about WELLO OPAL [they couldnt even spell it correctly] ok opal,
but no mention on graphics of the metal content -looked very much like silver setting to me ,also same applied for DIOPSIDE ring set into silver again, surely this cant be right and they should have to state what precious metal rings are set into -the wello opal went for way to much [in my opinion],hope people know the value of their pieces.

I would never buy jewllery from Bid, as there's never enough of a description about what you're buying

I don't know much about jewellery, it's not my 'thing', I admire certain pieces but I don't want to own them. Lucky really with finances being the way they are :happy:

But, I was under the impression that really good stones would only be set in gold? Maybe I'm wrong.

More often than not, Bid have silver jewellery. On the graphics sometimes the silver is 925 and this gets a mention. Other times, just silver without the 925 is on the graphics and this doesn't get mentioned. Is it less than 925 silver?

They hardly ever mention weights except when it benefits them.

They waffle at lot, which makes me think they're hiding a lot :wonder:

Also the swarovski crystal goes for a lot less than I would expect but on the graphics it says 'swarovski elements' but they go on about how much swarovski crystals are. What are these elements?......little bits?

I usually just dip in and out of shopping telly, but its not just jewllery that presenters are vague about. Ive noticed they don't always explain exactly what material clothes are made from either.

Don't buy jewellery of the telly, especially from this lot.

That's because their jewelery is made from out of date (extra hard) beef flavour Hula Hoop crisps. Which is then coated in Halfords 'gold' finish spray can from aisle 5. :up:

Latest posts

Back