What do you think of the Sit-up TV Network?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What do you think of the Sit-up TV Network?

• ****** Marvellous

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • It's Ok

• Meh

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Bad

• Crapola

• ****** Awful

• Complete and Utter Bowlox

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters

Greg

Registered Shopper
Take yer pick. Be truthful now. No lies. No fiddles. No sex.

I can't answer this because as a form of entertainment it can be good with the right presenter but they items and prices are crap so not sure which to put.

Weigh it all up Steve and then choose one that comes closest :happy:

I went for "it's ok."

I know I'm in the minority, but I have had some bargains from the Situp channels - for example: a black Russell Hobbs for £6.99 (which even with the P&P and phone call added on worked out a lot cheaper than the same model I'd seen in Curry's) and bedding. When I moved house I needed to buy 'new everything' as I left 99.9% for the ex and so did shop about bargains. I also bought the items when I knew they were cheaper than when they'd first been aired and on some occasions they ended up as megadrops, which I didn't expect.

I also won first prize in a Situp competition for gardening equipment (after buying some moisturiser -go figure!) 33,000 had entered it and my name got pulled out and I have to admit that the quality of the things I won were of a far better standaed than the goods they sell on the TV and the total value would have been a few hundred pounds if I'd bought them from gardening centres..

I also occasionally watch them for the entertainment value (depending on who's presenting the show) and in preference to the montonous IW.

And now I'll go and hide. :wink:

Used to watch it all the time for sheer entertainment value - but due to James Russell and Tanzanite (which totally did my head in) I hardly bother watching nowadays. All the presenters bar one or two are totally predictable in their behaviour with how they sell products or present themselves. Can read them like a book! Don't get me started on those ****** fire blankets - who is going to body wrap themselves in a 1m x 1m piece of asbestos?

For the reasons above l do not want to die tomorrow and have a 'Paul was a sad git who spent his final days watching rubbish' at my funeral closely followed with wearing a cross bearing tanzanite. And if I get cremated I doubt 5 fire blankets with 5 x postage is going to save my bacon. No way!

So to sum up - utter bowlox! Bring back the old days of Bid (and QVC for that fact)

I was stuck between 'Meh' and 'It's Ok' I went for It's Ok in the end as I haven't bought anything for a while until last night when I ordered the Crape/ Grill maker from their website for £11.99 + £5.99 P&P, and bought the pie maker while I was on there for £9.99 and No P&P, as it is P&P per basket online, so I think I ot a good deal. Pie maker and a crape maker which can be used to grill near enough anything for £28 ain't bad.

I haven't bought anything from their tv station since december 2010, and rarely buy from their website, but they can have some good bargains online when you want something, and then everything after that is free P&P, and the additional items can be very good value for money without the P&P :)

Well it wasn't Bennyxp. Surprisingly.

I bet it was a Sit-up minnion.

Well it wasn't Bennyxp. Surprisingly.

I bet it was a Sit-up minnion.

:p - I would have put that back in 2004-07, but since 2008, it has gone down hill steadily, and at a much steeper gradient in the past 6 months! lol

"****** Awful" for me. but, it can be quite entertaining at times watching & especialy listening to the complete and utter BS the presenters dish out when trying to flog an obvious pile of dog dodo to the vunerable members of sociaty with their rubbish sales tactics.

Last edited:
for the 50% of people who say it is crap/ rubbish Etc. Try and go a week without watching it. That's my task for ya!

That's why I voted highly. I never buy the products but its still a great watch! Haha

In regards to them going downhill its undoubtedly due to the fact they're now focused on being a business (retailer) as opposed to a tv channel which is a shame but understandable but they need to remember the reason that they have become such a large and popular business is partly due to the entertainment and fun viewing experience they offered when they began and that is what has made them so big. Sales figures have dropped dramatically in the past few years no doubt due to the fact less people are watching because of the HARD SELL and lack of comedy/ entertainment.
Remember what got you where you are today bid and go back to basics!

:p - I would have put that back in 2004-07, but since 2008, it has gone down hill steadily, and at a much steeper gradient in the past 6 months! lol

Utterly agree, there used to be some proper bargains. There might still be, but sadly they've been lost amongst all the extra bullshi**ing, gimmicks, exaggeration and lies that they seem to dose up on a daily basis. A lot more tat on the channels than there used to be!

for the 50% of people who say it is crap/ rubbish Etc. Try and go a week without watching it. That's my task for ya!

People watch it like they watch a car crash though, not for the quality products and charismatic presenters

I think 'meh' sums it up for me these days.

I remember when I first got Freeview and discovered these channels, and could quite easily watch certain presenters for hours on end (most notably Peter Simon) just due to the entertaining TV that they provided. I'd tune in just to watch Pete even though I would have no intention of ever buying anything, as I enjoyed it far more than what was on other channels at the same time. Those days are long gone, and there is not one presenter I'd go out of my way to watch. Sure there are a few presenters I like (Cindy, Charlotte, Becque, Adam) and certain ones who I'll watch if they are on, but the majority of time I'll flick to the channel and within a few minutes I'll be watching something else.

Guessing it is a combination of unlikable presenters, lies, the hard sell tactics, bulls*it, ridiculous exaggerations, silly gimmicks, treating the viewer/customer as an idiot, fascination with certain products (****** Tanzanite) which has led me to feel this way. Somehow I doubt Sit-Up will return to what it once was, and certainly not whilst the worst culprits of what I don't like (Sally, Russell, Nicola, McDonald, Hodgson) are constant figures on the channels.

Latest posts

Back