Appeal to Bid Shopping

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BidShoppingFan

Registered Shopper
Bid PLEASE STOP TRYING TO BE QVC/ IDEAL WORLD!

Recently they've tried to become TOO much like a shopping channel; the new sets, graphics, boring presenters, guests, fixed prices, clocks, phone line locking, serious hard sell, themed hours etc.

Even though many of us would consider 2001-2002 live rising price auctions where you paid what you bid to be the golden age of bid even this clip demonstrates that even in 2007 bid was still amazing to watch.

With random products (no set theme), banter, fun, comedy, falling prices there was entertainment and I'm sure a damn lot more viewers / buyers too!

Mike Mason seems to be a different presenter since he returned, almost like his job description has changed since he worked there originally.

Just watch and enjoy bid how it used to be... and let's pray they consider giving us bid at it's best again!

I 100% agree with you, but I wouldn't be surprised if most of their stuff is fixed priced auctions by next year.

2007/08 was their best years for money making, and by 2010, their company worth had slashed by over half.

They usually sell around £10,000-15,000 worth of stock per hour, but in the samsung hour, they sold a staggering £56,500 worth of products! So even though the old was was the best, as a business (and thats what they are) they will be looking at the profit than trying to entertain unfortunately.

How do you know all this Benny? Are you sitting there with your calculator adding all this up? Or are you being fed by a Sit Up employee, as a messenger... :hi:

lol - You can see the quantities of the fixed priced deals on their website. I have occasionally totted up the amounts from normal auctions/ price drops, but the figure rarely reaches the amount Ideal world sells.;)

Not sure about QVC, but I know IW is capable of getting upto 25-30k an hour during early afternoon shows, and can get around 45k in peak times. Create and Craft is VERY popular too

Yeh, I can imagine Create & Craft being very successful. Cheapo paper products sold for a premium price.

Yeh, I can imagine Create & Craft being very successful. Cheapo paper products sold for a premium price.

It isn't just that, I know back in 2010 the best hour they ever had to that date was a craft pick of the day and they sold around £54k worth of items! *not sure if they count P&P

Bid PLEASE STOP TRYING TO BE QVC/ IDEAL WORLD!

Recently they've tried to become TOO much like a shopping channel; the new sets, graphics, boring presenters, guests, fixed prices, clocks, phone line locking, serious hard sell, themed hours etc.

I don't think most of these are recent things or things which make them a proper shopping channel. I think Ideal World has more fun that BS now. (BS meaning Bid Shopping or any other words you may have with the initials BS) ;)

Chris Rhodes invaded the bid tv studio last night. He ended up making Marina break the easy paint thingy they were selling. He then kept lingering in the background! :D

At one point he walked the other way where the two small monitors are on bid's set and called out to Peter "It's a dead end here!"

He also managed to show how empty the speed auction studio was on the same night and gave us a 360 view of the studio by spinning the camera around :D

Chris has become one of my favourite presenters on the channels. Keep it up Chris!

They're getting even more like IW with the products they're selling now. First the Karcher window cleaning thingie and now they're going to be selling moissanite, just like IW do. We've had halogen ovens recently and also waterless car washing kits. All we need now is refurbished laptops, polti steam cleaners etc etc and we'll begin to think they're one and the same.

They also have the bloke from Garden Bargains. :)

They're getting even more like IW with the products they're selling now. First the Karcher window cleaning thingie and now they're going to be selling moissanite, just like IW do. We've had halogen ovens recently and also waterless car washing kits. All we need now is refurbished laptops, polti steam cleaners etc etc and we'll begin to think they're one and the same.

What was Peter Simon doing selling plants on a Saturday night? I watched about three minutes of that and turned over. :wonder:

Latest posts

Back