Bid TV sinks to a new low. Literally.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Price Plunge

Registered Shopper
Peter Simon's currently flogging Titanic memorabilia by regaling everyone of this tragic event on the 100th anniversary. About as tasteful as selling pictures shortly after the death of a certain artist, which is something that no self-respecting TV channel could ever conceive of doing, oh wait...

Way to be reminded of a doomed cruise ship responsible for the deaths of hundreds of people by having a print of it hung on your wall!

Last edited:
And did the products sell?

Yes, because there is demand for such for various reasons.

Like there was demand for a memorial cruise which cost passengers 10x what a similar routed cruise would usually have cost.

Business, there only here to make money.

A memorial cruise has a secondary (and arguably noble) function of allowing relatives of the victims to visit the site of the tragedy on the anniversary, yet this was still parodied in some sections of the media as being somewhat tasteless; Bid's tacky 'collectables' selection provided no such secondary function :wink:

Of course Bid would be able to sell some of these collectables to its viewers as a business, but there again some people would willingly buy the ashes of World War II veterans given the opportunity. Reputable high street stores as a rule tend to avoid selling such items because they have a reputation to protect...or do the Bid shopping channels now think that they won't be around forever or have now irretrievably lost any reputation they used to have?

It's a shame Peter Simon wasn't on the boat conducting the memorial. They could have thrown him overboard.

He'd be saying as the wreaths are thrown aboard, "Good luck if you get it...."

It's a shame Peter Simon wasn't on the boat conducting the memorial. They could have thrown him overboard.
Accompanied by that deep voice saying "Megadrop"
biggrin.gif

You know something, 10 years ago I used to sing Celine Dion's signature song to 'Titanic' in the pub on the karaoke. No one threw flowers at me.

I've not gone in a pub since.

Latest posts

Back