Gold show today

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tinkerbelle

Registered Shopper
Some nice pieces. Some classic pieces and everything on easy pay. A bit like a blast from the past.

I loved, but didn't order, the Rose ring - 603839.

I loved and ordered the butterfly earrings - 604367

We have someone in here who loves butterflies and I cannot remember who it is. I am very drawn to butterflies and those earrings were so pretty. A drop style with lots of movement. Rose gold with white and yellow gold highlights and £27.50 so not one to break the bank.

Wish I could have gone for the ring too but the bank balance won't allow it.

There's no details for your earrings? I didn't watch for long but I saw some butterfly stud earrings, they were very pretty.

I was on course to buy nothing this month but succumbed to Nour over the weekend.

They were less filigree than the studs but the same sort of shape but a dangly earring on a shepherd's hook. Still quite delicate though. Which you'd definitely guess from the price.

I didn't see the shows but I notice only a couple of items in the hours' listings mention the item's gold weight; just the seahorse and the tree of life pendants.

Remember in the good ol' days how they'd boast about gold weights and price per gram? Now the pieces are light-weight hollowed with the emphasis on filligree which makes it difficult to judge whether an item is good value for the gold weight or whether they're hoping no one will notice if the design is very fancy and intricate.
The days of Big Bold Gold are long gone. How I wish I'd had to foresight to buy chunky (ugly) gold chains when Rob Locke used to present a OTO seemingly every other week.
Jude xx

I couldn't believe the price of the Clogau silver bracelet with four charms it was the best part of four hundred quid. How can they justify that?

Agree about the Clogau bracelet. ridiculous price. tho it is very nice.

I thought this programme was much better than it has been in the past, nice classic pieces but sadly too expensive for me, but there were several pieces I would have liked. When Jan Springer is allowed to comment on the history and production of the gold, she is so interesting, could listen for hours.

I thought this programme was much better than it has been in the past, nice classic pieces but sadly too expensive for me, but there were several pieces I would have liked. When Jan Springer is allowed to comment on the history and production of the gold, she is so interesting, could listen for hours.
I agree there were some nice pieces but gold has gone way out of my league these days so I tend to look for nice pieces of silver instead and have quite a collection now.

There was a caller yesterday who asked Jan some questions about gold and that was interesting. Usually I tune put when the callers come on.

Gold has definitely shot up in price. I wasn't keen on that Clogau bracelet but I like both the sweetie bracelet 680747 which is far too expensive. I also love tge acorn charm Clogau pieces and would love the bangle 604160 and the earrings 604165 but I'll have to make do with my £27 earrings :eek:)

I'd rather listen to an expert guest than Charlie any day of the week. In fact, if Charlie spoke at a normal pace his comments would only fill about 15 minutes and Jan could have spoken for the rest of the three hour show.

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back