ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bluebell

Registered Shopper
Could this be in the tsv?

Manuka Honey and Orange Blossom

Sorry its a bit small but if you click on it it gets bigger

QVC_April_BeautyNewsletter_29.jpg

I used to order this range before I realised that alcohol was the second ingredient in most of the gels which I have found very drying,still have 2 litre bottles of Collagen wondering if I should just use it as a hand sanitizer.
Once again I do wish Q would would list product ingredients.
Lynn

Is alcohol that bad for the skin? Seems a little crazy that they're pegging their 'natural' gels and sticking in something that's going to damage the skin. I use the collagen gel as a serum replacement, after cleansing and before moisturising. Now I know that applying collagen topically won't lead to increased collagen levels in the skin, but I like the way it makes my face feel taut! I also have the Jasmine and Evening Primrose Oil gel and shower products - these are mainly for the smell though, even better than my beloved frangipani! So, should I not be using the gels on my face? Worried now :confused: Actually, just had a thought. I found out at the weekend that my sis in law does facials with these at her salon :confused::confused:

I was also going to look for a gel to use as an aftersun. I'm sure I used cucumber a few years ago. It was the only way I could get hubby to apply anything, as he hates putting 'lotions and potions' on!! Can anyone recommend any others for this use?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

the aloe vera gel for after-sun Capirossi - worked a treat on my OH when he got a bit burnt (works outside) - takes the sting right out.

the aloe vera gel for after-sun Capirossi - worked a treat on my OH when he got a bit burnt (works outside) - takes the sting right out.

Ooh fab, thanks for that, will give it a go! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

you have no need to worry about the alcohol content in these gels. Yes it is the second ingredient, but its such a small amount. these gels are safe for everyone, as the percentage of alcohol and oils is so so small. The alcohol content only amounts to less than a percentage of the whole thing.
they are wonderful gels for everyone and i urge you not to worry about people going on about the alcohol content. You can find this all out by contacting sbc if you want anyways.
and no i dont work for them, just love all theyre products. Hope this helps x

you have no need to worry about the alcohol content in these gels. Yes it is the second ingredient, but its such a small amount. these gels are safe for everyone, as the percentage of alcohol and oils is so so small. The alcohol content only amounts to less than a percentage of the whole thing.
they are wonderful gels for everyone and i urge you not to worry about people going on about the alcohol content. You can find this all out by contacting sbc if you want anyways.
and no i dont work for them, just love all theyre products. Hope this helps x

Rather expensive water, it would seem, if the 2nd ingredient (alcohol) and the supposedly active ingredient percentage is "so small". Never mind, I'm sure everyone is getting their moneys worth in neon artificial colouring.....

I'll stick to organic Aloe Vera gel from Holland & Barrett with 99.9% active ingredient, no icky colouring and much cheaper.

SBC

I don't need all the stuff in the TSV as I can never get thru it all. checked the SBC website and they have a 50% discount offer till the end of the month. The Collagen Gel has gone up terrifically, seem to remember paying about £30 for a litre last time I bought it, it is now £55! excluding the discount. will have to try and stock up.

I don't know if this is a blip, but at this moment (4.30am) every single item that was in the launch programme at midnight is showing up as on waitlist only. Even the TSV.

Yet another TSV with the bliddy arnica gel!! If you don't like it there's never a TSV without it.

I like the collagen gel and the clear one ... vitamin E maybe? That one is rarely in any of the kits and I do wonder if they've stopped doing it all together.

In answer to the earlier question about aftersun, the absolute best is Decleor. Prolagene gel. Expensive but a little goes along way. It cools immediately and heals the affected area really quickly.

I kind of like SBC, well some of it anyway, I actually haven't tried that much really. I do like the collagen gel - don't use it on my face but I mix it with body lotions to make the lotions go farther. Also like the propolis for irritated skin, it's great on spots too. I don't want the Arnica stuff, tried it once but it did nothing much, don't know why it's in every TSV.

SBC are a bit nowt-ish (as we say in my bit of Yorkshire) ie. A bit something or nothing therefore I don't really mind if I have it or not so am not too fussed either way! Not sure any of that made sense- I need a cup of tea!

I don't need all the stuff in the TSV as I can never get thru it all. checked the SBC website and they have a 50% discount offer till the end of the month. The Collagen Gel has gone up terrifically, seem to remember paying about £30 for a litre last time I bought it, it is now £55! excluding the discount. will have to try and stock up.

Blimey flip, £55??!! I got a litre of that in a TSV once and thought it was poo so I chucked it in the bin. I'd only used about an inch from the top of the bottle.

Latest posts

Back