Anybody received their Kipling TSV yet??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

Spooky

Guest Shopper
Mine has just come and how do they get anyway with calling it Large. Its a nice bag and I will keep it cause I haven't got a white Kiping, so it is different to all my others. But I have to be honest I ordered it cause I am after a gym bag and they said umpteen times that this was ideal for a gym bag, you can get a hand towel in it but not a bath towel for showering. And if I get a hand towel in my trainers wouldn't fit too!

Considering they said this was £74 on the Kipling website, which you'd expect for a large bag, I don't know how they have got away with it really. Very misleading guys!

Just wondered others thoughts?

Spooky you'd be better off with a defea I think ....sometimes their sales techniques are desperate .i wonder how many people will return them because of the Gym bag mention? ......:thinking:

Yes Mine came today, I have to say I wanted an everyday bag and this is perfect. Great shape and style, just what I was after. However, my only complaint would be the lining, it feels cheap and 'sounds' cheap, I would not have been pleased if I had paid the full price on the Kipling website plus if I was being really picky would have prefered popper fastenings to the 2 pockets instead of velcro. All that said I will keep it as suits my needs and the easy pays are ideal.
See some complaints on the QVC facebook page about the white version, apparently looks cream !

Last edited:
Didnt get the TSV but am still waiting for my jazz pink Defea. I have often wanted to yell at the screen"just tell us the measurements"during a Kipling show. Marie Francoise is tiny and the models are tall but really slim so they do enhance the bags size. Its not asking much for the presenter to whip out a tape measure and quickly measure the bags for us. They spend enough time waffling about bottes of water, oyster cards and theme parks during the Kipling shows!

Yep, I bought it in white. I too think it is a creamy white rather than a white white, its still lovely, just much smaller than expected from their spiel. I also agree about the lining it has that crinkly sound doesn't it. And does the zip make you think its a touch too short, I thought mine was stuck as it wouldn't open further along, but it was just fully done. Really disagree that it is classed as large - medium yes, but never large!! And £74 on the kipling website or £84 for the prints - joke!!

I like it and will keep it, and silly I know, I feel like it only cost me £15 cause of the EP, (even though I know there are still a few more LOL) it just looked and sounded so much bigger on air, but like you say Marie Francoise is very slight so perhaps it looked bigger on her. So that's it, off to the gym I go to make myself smaller LOL. And that's why I wanted this, now where's my Tesco carrier bag gone to ram that towel in ;o)

I bought the Adler? on anniversary price the other week as they said this was suitable for the gym - errr nope!!! but I will keep this too as it is a gorgeous purple. Tried the Firefly backpack but that was so ridiculously small it was a joke, and that was over £60! that went back. So thanks for the prompt I will look up the Defea, could you get a bath towel in there for the shower? Huge thanks.

I tried my local Kipling store and they had one which was like an old fashioned barrel bag/holdall - it was ok but only available in dark grey or beige or mid brown - guy couldn't understand that I said I wanted a nice colour like the bright purple or a pink or red. His face said it all - female!! ha ha

I've often wished they'd give you actual measurements on air too..looking at M-F and the models wearing them is the only thing you have to go on re size - yes the website sometimes (not always!) gives the size, but you sit with your ruler trying to gauge the width and height and for myself I find it damn near impossible to get a proper idea!

Spooky, I passed on the Cammie because I thought it would be too big for my everyday needs!

Spooky, I passed on the Cammie because I thought it would be too big for my everyday needs!

Oh Busymum I hope you're not too disappointed now cause it may well have been ok after all. In my opinion it certainly is not a large bag, its nice and I shall keep mine but I think we paid the full price for it, not a TSV value, no way is it £74-£84 worth. I may well have a moan at CS but it will be pointless as they will just say send it back, as from experience that's their answer to everything.

Last edited:
Oh Busymum I hope you're not too disappointed now cause it may well have been ok after all. In my opinion it certainly is not a large bag, its nice and I shall keep mine but I think we paid the full price for it, not a TSV value, no way is it £74-£84 worth. I may well have a moan at CS but it will be pointless as they will just say send it back, as from experience that's their answer to everything.

We have a small local "fancy goods" shop and they do a very narrow range of Kiplings..I do go in and look, try to remember the names of those that I think would be ok! When I shop I use a trolley (being an old bugger and infirm now!) so I don't really want a bag that's too large for carrying my brolly, purse, and my transfer bag (meds, tissues etc), they do tend to rattle about a bit in my Adley & Defea tbh - I have three Reths in different colours and they are just about the right size, and my Fairfax is ok, but anything bigger than that is going to be a bit too big for me...plus I like to wear them cross-body and some bags just look too large for that don't they? I'll chalk up the Cammie to experience!

Well talk of the devil,the Hermes man brought my Defea 10 minutes ago. Love the colour! Yes its about the size i expected. I want it for handluggage and reckon I will fit a cossie, book ,sundress, documents, camera, phone ,drink and cardi in it easily. I would think youd get a tightly rolled,not too luxurious bath towel and some trainers squashed in there for the gym. It looks usefull,I like the pockets on the front and zip on back.

Mine has not arrived yet, obviously being in ROI and i hope I like it. I want an everyday bag for work. Are the handles long enough to go over your shoulder Spooky? I would rather not use this one as a cross body bag.

Defeas are great bauble ...I get mine from get me that bag ...51.99 free postage ...and the deep sky is 49.99 free postage....ive bought that for my mother inlaw ...as I have lilac orchid already but this bag and the reth I love...lady at the post office saw my reth and said .oohh Kipling I love my Kipling ......couldn't chat to her though as there was a long que:

Btw cammies ..all new colours ....caffe latte etc .. are 55.99 now... free postage on get me that bag I "think " they were 59.99 the other day

What you'll need, to make it a gym bag, is a microfibre hikers towel from good outdoor shops. I have one of these for the gym and swimming and it takes up no room in my bag, and dries in minutes, I love it!

I'm another who passed on the Cammie, thinking it would be too big for my daily needs. I'm a bit gutted now cos I did like it.....

I passed on it because I didn't think the colours were up to much and it was too small! I love a big bag - trouble is,every bag seems "small" after using bigger ones

Btw cammies ..all new colours ....caffe latte etc .. are 55.99 now... free postage on get me that bag I "think " they were 59.99 the other day

I hope they offer you a free bag, commission or something for the plugs :wink:
Just another example undermining the QVC buying-power!

Jude xx

I agree, the white is more on the cream size.

My gripe is not the size, but the fact that Kipling are going down the "cheap" route. Suddenly they are putting velcro where there used to be zips in the past, unless this is purely for QVC customers only !!! I dont like velcro - other things stick to it, and I've noticed its being done on the small outside pockets of other bags too. This smacks of cost cutting - "oh stick a bit of velcro on - it does the same job"

Y

I bought the Adler? on anniversary price the other week as they said this was suitable for the gym - errr nope!!! but I will keep this too as it is a gorgeous purple. Tried the Firefly backpack but that was so ridiculously small it was a joke, and that was over £60! that went back. So thanks for the prompt I will look up the Defea, could you get a bath towel in there for the shower? Huge thanks.

Spooky, try the Yuni backpack. I got it off Amazon and its a great size and fits loads. It would definitely fit everything for the gym.

Latest posts

Back