complete the sentence .. when ever i hear the phrase ..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

hounds-of-love

Registered Shopper
wearable art (as in today's Anuschka handbags) i think "eek the kind of tat they try and flog you on holiday, you buy, wear once and when you get back home you throw to the back of the wardrobe, before taking to the local charity shop.

PRIVATE APPOINTMENT - I always think of some silly bint who thinks she knows more than she actually does, prattling on trying to make us believe we can get a posh salon experience in our pokey bathrooms......

Can't think why that comes to mind though :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"exclusive to QVC" - cheaper price, but an absolute compromise on quality producing a considerably inferior product. Specifically Kipling bags. The Jacqueline immediately springs to mind. The only exception has been the Clarisonic with the "exclusive to QVC" print. I've been very happy with it. But its a rare exception.

I do seem to have a real bee in my bonnet today re Kipling, for which I apologise, LOL - but last week I visited my local Kipling Outlet store. On all the bags they have a cardboard swing tag which states the style name, ie Defea, New Raisin - but I tell you what I was amazed at the amount of different bags they had in there that had the style name followed by QVC!! I asked what this meant (knowing they wouldn't say) and course they didn't explain why. So are all the bags made exclusively for QVC then sold on in outlet stores, or does the exclusivity mean diddly squat.

Is that price right? Can we check it??

When I hear that, I know Simon Biagi is insulting our intelligence again pretending he can't believe the price. He knows damn well the price, I am sure items and prices are discussed when planning the show. He is doing it more regularly too.

Graham: please can we have an "agree with" icon? I hit "like" for Itchy's post but I don't like it, I agree with it. Simon doing "his thing" is extremely insincere and makes him look a fool.

"For you" bugs me, AY main culprit but JF is nipping at her heels.

so many phrases I don't know where to start!!

Ammaazzing = my limited vocabulary is on its last legs here

Get one for your mother\sister\window cleaner\child's teacher = just buy the ****** thing for heaven's sake

Buttery soft = see Ammaazzing

Jump to the phones = just buy the ****** thing for heaven's sake

Iconic = see Ammaazzing

Bargain Hunter = some old tat that's cluttering up the warehouse and we are knocking a couple of quid off

Lulu = we all know she's as full of fillers as a Gregg's pastie but hey let's pretend she's a miracle of nature (I know Lulu is not a phrase but they trot out the same stuff whenever she is on)

Last edited:
Easy-care polyester print = an item of clothing guaranteed to make you flammable when walking across carpet, sweat buckets even if it's minus sixteen degrees outside, and cause small children unnecessary excitement 'cos they think the circus is in town...

Jinny x

Can anyone remember Tim Goodwin's catch phrase that he always finished his presentations with? I think he used to point at the item as he said it.

I do seem to have a real bee in my bonnet today re Kipling, for which I apologise, LOL - but last week I visited my local Kipling Outlet store. On all the bags they have a cardboard swing tag which states the style name, ie Defea, New Raisin - but I tell you what I was amazed at the amount of different bags they had in there that had the style name followed by QVC!! I asked what this meant (knowing they wouldn't say) and course they didn't explain why. So are all the bags made exclusively for QVC then sold on in outlet stores, or does the exclusivity mean diddly squat.

Diddly squat would be my guess! LOL

Graham: please can we have an "agree with" icon? I hit "like" for Itchy's post but I don't like it, I agree with it. Simon doing "his thing" is extremely insincere and makes him look a fool.

"For you" bugs me, AY main culprit but JF is nipping at her heels.

You are right there, loveinamist, when presenters say they cannot believe how much the items are, who are they kidding!
By the way did anyone see the amount of butter he put on the slice of bread he ate this am (TSV showing):doh: I love my butter on my bread, but his was bread on his butter!

I found out that they do compromise on quality when anything is made specially for QVC. I think I have mentioned before that the Kipling bag I bought (in the printed material) made exclusively for QVC did not have the pen and phone slots I felt cheated:devil:

Can anyone remember Tim Goodwin's catch phrase that he always finished his presentations with? I think he used to point at the item as he said it.

I've been thinking about this all morning.

It is gradually coming back to me, I THINK he used to point at an item and say "That's what it's all about".

Can anyone else remember if I am right?

I found out that they do compromise on quality when anything is made specially for QVC. I think I have mentioned before that the Kipling bag I bought (in the printed material) made exclusively for QVC did not have the pen and phone slots I felt cheated:devil:

Hi there, I am new here, I posted on the thread about the TSV kipling. If you take a look, the picture clearly shows the difference in quality comparing a non QVC cafe latte bag, with an "exclusive to QVC" breezer. I also showed on the photo that the fabric "Beige Bubble print" is clearly in some way liked (a dodgy batch??) to the Cafe Latte Breezer. The camera does not lie! If anyone can link my post to this thread I would be grateful as I dont know how to do it

Latest posts

Back