I thought congratulations were due

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tilley

Registered Shopper
Saw Debbie Flint tonight in the most awful dress. Her stomach was sticking out so much I thought she looked pregnant. It was a "Control Wear" dress apparently. She said several times she was wearing a medium - a few sizes larger would have been better maybe.

I flicked over in an ad break and saw the dark grey dress. I did think is she doing the before ad for control wear? Given the choice I bet she would not have worn it.

I bet she had no choice of size as sometimes the models have to wear bigger sizes ..it certainly seems to be a problem that they can`t organize the right sizes in studio for the presentation .....its not that hard is it to be efficient as they know well in advance what shows are coming up The couldn`t organize a p.........arty lol in a brewery could they?

i agree - i watched a bit of the dreamkeeper hour and they only had xl for kaena (who is very slim).

gosh - was just watching a bit of antthony and kathy. how can you not like that man?? he's adorable! anyway a T caller just said antthony's clothes gave a slimmed down look. kathy asked if that made her happy and she said "oo yes. i mean i'm about your size". poor kathy!! she took it very well and said "well yes, you do sometimes struggle don't you" but i felt so embarrassed for her. i don't think the caller meant to be rude but.........

also i wouldn't describe kathy as slim but i wouldn't call her fat either. to me at least, her and debbie not only look "normal" but they seem comfortable with how they are. that makes them far more enjoyable to watch than those who are obsessed with how they look and forever checking themselves out.

gosh - was just watching a bit of antthony and kathy. how can you not like that man?? he's adorable! anyway a T caller just said antthony's clothes gave a slimmed down look. kathy asked if that made her happy and she said "oo yes. i mean i'm about your size". poor kathy!! she took it very well and said "well yes, you do sometimes struggle don't you" but i felt so embarrassed for her. i don't think the caller meant to be rude but.........

also i wouldn't describe kathy as slim but i wouldn't call her fat either. to me at least, her and debbie not only look "normal" but they seem comfortable with how they are. that makes them far more enjoyable to watch than those who are obsessed with how they look and forever checking themselves out.

I heard that too Janie. Kathy did take it well - I don't think the T caller meant to be insulting. Kathy is going to Weight Watchers at the moment so she is obviously trying to lose a few pounds, but I would never call her fat or obese. She looks far more healthy than Carmel and Anna who look so thin they make JF look chubby.

ps Antthony is such a sweetie.

I do agree the dress was far too a tight fit and should have been sized a couple of sizes larger, for her.
Sizes of items to be worn by some presenters can be a bone of contention at QVC.
I do know Kathy nearly always says I'm in the medium because that's all was on the rail, but I'd be much better in the size large.

Having said that with all the comments here on this thread, I take it there must be rather a lot of flat, washboard abdomens.

Last edited:
I heard that too Janie. Kathy did take it well - I don't think the T caller meant to be insulting. Kathy is going to Weight Watchers at the moment so she is obviously trying to lose a few pounds, but I would never call her fat or obese. She looks far more healthy than Carmel and Anna who look so thin they make JF look chubby.

ps Antthony is such a sweetie.

As someone else pointed out not Diet Chef?

I do agree the dress was far too a tight fit and should have been sized a couple of sizes larger, for her.
Sizes of items to be worn by some presenters can be a bone of contention at QVC.
I do know Kathy nearly always says I'm in the medium because that's all was on the rail, but I'd be much better in the size large.

Having said that with all the comments here on this thread, I take it there must be rather a lot of flat, washboard abdomens.

I don't think that the comments here have been that bad, most people seem to agree that Kathy and Debbie are normal sized women forced to wear clingy garments that don't fit correctly resulting in an unflattering look.

i saw DF in that dress too.I thought poor debbie.I have seen CH wearing that dress before and it looked lovely on her.It goes to show that you should dress for your shape.I'm an "apple" like DF,my stomach is my "problem" area,i have a "good" bust - whereas my arms,legs and bottom are all quite slim.

i saw DF in that dress too.I thought poor debbie.I have seen CH wearing that dress before and it looked lovely on her.It goes to show that you should dress for your shape.I'm an "apple" like DF,my stomach is my "problem" area,i have a "good" bust - whereas my arms,legs and bottom are all quite slim.

I'm an apple too.

I don't think that the comments here have been that bad, most people seem to agree that Kathy and Debbie are normal sized women forced to wear clingy garments that don't fit correctly resulting in an unflattering look.

Just like to say Boris when I checked the responses on this thread at just after 11am before starting my post, the responses regarding Kathy and Debbie being normal sized weren't in the thread.
As far as I was concerned at the time I was the only person to comment regarding Kathy.
Just thought up until that the posts regarding Debbie expecting were a bit cruel, sorry but that's my thoughts.
Though I agree Kathy seems to be put in a position having to wear a smaller size than she would order.

Last edited:
Just want to add I think Debbie and Kathy have lovely figures feel sorry when they are forced into something too tight and usually too short. I am a size 12 complete with plenty of wobbly bits, bit of a tummy and less than J Lo esque derriere! I wouldnt dream of sausaging myself into that dress with or without spanx, hidden lining or control panels. It would feel uncomfortable and look awful,Id rather wear something to flatter my shape and age and leave that look to the taut and toned bods out there. Looking good doesnt have to be such hard work these days as there are so many different shapes and cuts of clothes available.

Just like to say Boris when I checked the responses on this thread at just after 11am before starting my post, the responses regarding Kathy and Debbie being normal sized weren't in the thread.
As far as I was concerned at the time I was the only person to comment regarding Kathy.
Just thought up until that the posts regarding Debbie expecting were a bit cruel, sorry but that's my thoughts.
Though I agree Kathy seems to be put in a position having to wear a smaller size than she would order.

Have to agree with you Bags! Women come in all shapes and sizes, so DF doesn't confirm to a skinny minnie size 6, get over it peoples, stop being so catty.

Have to agree with you Bags! Women come in all shapes and sizes, so DF doesn't confirm to a skinny minnie size 6, get over it peoples, stop being so catty.

I honestly think that most posts on this thread aren't catty, DF is pushed into wearing something that doesn't fit and doesn't flatter her figure because that's what QVC are selling in that particular show, what's catty about saying that? I actually think that calling slim people skinny minnies is a bit rude! BTW my figure is more like DF's than a size 6 model.

I honestly think that most posts on this thread aren't catty, DF is pushed into wearing something that doesn't fit and doesn't flatter her figure because that's what QVC are selling in that particular show, what's catty about saying that? I actually think that calling slim people skinny minnies is a bit rude! BTW my figure is more like DF's than a size 6 model.

Nah skinny minnies isn't rude lol. It's a bug bear of mine when people quite often women (I'm talking in general, real life, media & online) make comments on women's bodies, too fat, too thin, kinda relentless, it's a shame, but I guess that's life.

Latest posts

Back