Not impressed with Mike Mason tonight

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PJ.

In an Ideal World ...
Seems to be giving the same Bs other presenters give us on Bid. For example when selling the HD camcorder making out like they were better than their studio cameras, well they make OT be HD but the lenses on them cost thousands so how can a £29 camcorder compare? Then he said your mobile camera is rubbish especially if you show it on your TV. Rubbish. My iPhone 4S does amazing HD videos thank you and the new Nokia Lumina does the same as do many others. Now he is selling a watch making out like dealers would be competing with us to buy it and showed us some celebs who had the watch on. No doubt they were paid to or got it free. I am sorry I just call Bs with the dealer claim.

Thought you were better than this Michael.

PJ

To be fair, given that other presenters have been making exactly the same camera comparison (with the studio camera), it's most likely that this is something that the presenters have been told to say by management. Of course a presenter could refuse to make such stupid claim(s) but they could quickly find themselves being moved to the Speed Auction late shift before disappearing altogether.

(Of course if ALL of the presenters simultaneously took a stand against such nonsense then management would have to sack everyone, which they obviously couldn't do.)

The mobile phone camera claim still holds true for very cheap phones, but they conveniently forget to mention the class of phone they're supposedly referring to.

Comparing a £29 camera with a £50,000 camera is ludicrous just because the £29 camera is HD! :giggle:

I'd like to see a Vivitar HD camera do an extreme close up with the same level of detail as one of their studio cameras.

I thought bid used the £29 cameras for their broadcasts such as the live OB a few weeks ago? Oh wait no, it was simply the camera operators couldn't keep a fixed still at any point. :/

First time I have seen the infamous worry angels. Interesting that Mason admitted to following The Secret, well here is one for you Mike. You are preying on the venerable and it sucks.

PJ

It does sound like it to me. The believe you have the power to control your own destiny.

Interesting Mike called AAA tanzanite the best you can get. Well why put it in silver? Why not gold?

PJ

I have never heard of the "secret" but have just googled it.
What a load of b*ll sh*i this is one of the worse ways of making vulnerable people hand over their hard earned cash and give them unrealistic expectations.
For a presenter on a shopping channel which aims to sell to the less well off to be advocating this is awful.
People look up to these presenters and some take what they say very seriously(they must if they believe a £29.00 video camera to be of the same quality as the T.V ones).
I only hope no one is drawn in to this scam.
(I have to say they have a very slick presentation certainly not filmed on a £29.00 video camera)

The quality of these cheap 'HD' video cameras is barely better than a cheap standard definition video camera; they can only call them HD if they generate at least 720 horizontal lines/picture, but that doesn't mean that all the lines of the picture are different! Plus of course there's no zoom lens and (for under £30) the focus is usually fixed as well.

Unless by broadcast quality they mean YouTube :devil:

Is Adam Heppenstall still a presenter on these channels? Otherwise he's probably the next to be ousted because he seemed to be the only presenter left on Bid/Price Drop with any integrity :mad:

Oh dear. Mike is just the same as the others.

I looked up that 'The Secret' website and it seems no different to these Christian tele-evangelist sites where they promise prosperity and spiritual crap and of course have loads of wares to peddle. It's not unlike S*it-up in that respect!

Some of the things Mike said broke broadcasting guidelines. He said some people pay out for counselling when all you need is the worry angels.

Some of the things Mike said broke broadcasting guidelines. He said some people pay out for counselling when all you need is the worry angels.
pmsl.....did Mike really say that! Whit a numpty as we say in Scotland lol.

To be fair, they could be used as stress balls to throw and smash in frustration since they're worth practically nothing.

Hate to say this but he's almost as annoying as James Russell (and you would have to really try and be that annoying!)

Tonight he did the usual trick other presenters have done. I wish we could bring more of those tonight. I tell you what we will try and find some *pretends to listen to talkback* oh wow we have found some more. Result.

Yeah I am sure there was loads of warehouse staff hunting high and low for them. I can imagine the jubilation on the member of staff who found it shouting his find, running to the gallery shouting tell Mr Mikey I have found some. Like fu

He was good when selling them that night though, saying "These aren't for everyone.." and "...we're not aiming them at the vulnerable..." and "...try them, if you don't want them, return them"

And I think they only had 20 left, so it shows that people dont just buy when presenters lies!! :)

Latest posts

Back