The great QVC TSV CON

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I bought my Gtech sweeper at the TSV price of £34-99, saving me just over £9 from the normal QVC price of £44.

However, I've just noticed that since then, it has been at the introductory price of £39-96, so all I actually saved by the TSV price was £4-97.

I have noticed that this "TSV CON" happens over and over again, so that the TSV price never saves you as much as you are led to expect.

I've also noticed that so called "introductory prices" can be on items that have been on QVC for YEARS!

its rare that i buy a tsv in paticularly if i dont need it at the time. i would rather wait unitil it comes on an introdutorty price a few months later down the line. and if i still need it then i buy. its a good way for qvc to shift many thousands of one paticular stock item in 24 hours. the tsv's are not even that good anymore .maybe the odd beauty one but even they are few and far between. it also is a way to stockpile huge boxes of cosmetics something sadly i am guilty of but am working my way through it albeit slowly!

I know on here many times a TSV has not been on easy pay. But if we hang on for a month or so it comes back at intro price a few pounds more and easy pay.

I remember QVC saying a product can show up to 12 times online before intro price goes.

They probably use the standard retailers' ploy of moving their various promotions (TSV, easy pay, OTO, Hot picks and introductory price) from item to item, perhaps to shift old stock, shift stock that hasn't flown out the door or to boost sales in a particular "department" if figures are down. TBH I don't suppose they care if a handful of customers notice these anomalies unless it reflects in falling sales.

Yes they have just put the Tignanello handbag TSV from a few weeks ago on Introductory price - not sure how much the difference is between the TSV and the introductory price. I was distressed that I waited too long to decide on the day and my preferences had sold out but now I've decided that I can't justify another handbag considering I barely leave the house at the moment. TSVs are very compelling on the day but I think I can resist now

Latest posts

Back