Cooks Essential Hour just on with Simon and Pippa

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

Spooky

Guest Shopper
Did they not have any utensils on set tonight?, ripping the bread up with their hands rather than slicing it and then Simon using the prepology tongs to pull apart the chicken fillets!! Reminded me of a kids cookery lesson or better still a banquet back in ole Viking days, we just needed Pippa to tear it off with her teeth and chuck it over her shoulder to finish the hour LOL

Didn't think much of the new Microstir gadget tho, looked and sounded impressive, but did you see all the rice heaped up along one side when Simon took it out of the microwave, clearly hadn't worked and not stirred it altogether at all.

Cooks Essential stuff used to be far better quality, now a lot is going down the plastic tat line - ie the coffee maker. But I do love the bright colours though, gorgeous lime green!!!

Not a good hour considering Simon is meant to be a professional chef, (he always looks like he needs a good wash to me LOL) but entertaining to watch nonetheless as Pippa was quite raucous in parts.

Did you see the mini bread maker Spooky?

Simon got this 'fruit' loaf out that he had made and all the fruit was on the bottom of the loaf!! He tried to hide it by turning the top of the loaf to the camera. When he cut into it there wasn't a single sultana in the loaf itself - as they were all on the bottom! When he gave Pipa a slice he tried to scoop some of the fruit off the plate and stick it onto the slice with his knife!

To be honest I've thought before that some of the stuff looks dodgy on the cooking shows. That vegetable slicer TSV the other day for example, he kept getting stuff stuck in it, or it didn't chop something and the camera would come away from the shot and he'd just move onto something else - like he did last night. :wonder:

Latest posts

Back