more exagerations from RJ

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
Just switched on to see him flogging pinks plug plants - 10 for £14.92 incl p&p, so £1.49 per plug plant.. RJ says you would pay £5 or £6 each for grown-on plants in your local garden centre.

It just so happens that yesterday I bought 4 pots of grown-on pinks, various colours, bushy plants covered in buds and some flowers open already, with a nice scent. I paid £10 for 4, could have got 10 for £20 in their special offer. So, £2.50 or £2.00 per full grown-on plants.

I'm in Essex and nothing is cheap round here (TOWIE is filmed at least 20 miles from here !) so I think these prices could be matched around the country.

This is what annoys me about RJ - the things he says could easily mis-lead people who aren't long-time gardeners.

Now he's flogging "easy grow" clematis, making it sound like "easy grow" is unusual for clematis and only available from QVC. He claims that "grown on" plants would be £15 in garden centres.

The two varieties he then names are the most common clematis you can find. All clematis are easy to grow if you follow a couple of simple rules.

At the garden centre yesterday I saw clematis about one foot tall and with buds for £5.

Don't know why I watch him, suppose I'm fascinated by all the rubbish and lies he comes out with.

Linda xx

Those pinks were Whetman's pinks, Carolyn Bourne from there is the mother in law from hell who sent the infamous email about manners to her future daughter in law, so I'm sure they are very upper class pinks!!!

I have never bought plants from QVC and can't see ever doing it, the way he gets all over excited over " root balls" grunting away just makes my skin crawl,very creepy.

Latest posts

Back