Ooops!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

petpixie

Registered Shopper
I try to keep my Qvc viewing habits hidden from my family (they tend to laugh at me!) so it's kind of a secret between me and my furry family. My son and his gf popped in today and he switched the tv on to watch the footie. ' I see you've been watching quite a bit of Qvc mum' he said. .'What do you mean? I hardly ever watch it!' says me. 'The Qvc phone number and logo are burnt onto the plasma screen' says he! Ooooops!!! :blush:

I try to keep my Qvc viewing habits hidden from my family (they tend to laugh at me!) so it's kind of a secret between me and my furry family. My son and his gf popped in today and he switched the tv on to watch the footie. ' I see you've been watching quite a bit of Qvc mum' he said. .'What do you mean? I hardly ever watch it!' says me. 'The Qvc phone number and logo are burnt onto the plasma screen' says he! Ooooops!!! :blush:

No your not the only one here is the second TV that's happened to, clearly seen when hubby manages to get the golf on.:blush:

Oh, petpixie, that's a hoot! Who is your son, Scotland Yard? All over the nation, secret shoppers are checking their plasma screens for the tell-tale signs and Q will be inundated with orders for non-plasma tellies. Gosh, that woman who ordered all those QVC goodies, her telly screen must have been embossed! I can see this plot featured on an upcoming UK Law & Order episode! Remember folks, you heard it here first! Furry heartbeats never give the game away, petpixie! bless their litl' four footins'!

No your not the only one here is the second TV that's happened to, clearly seen when hubby manages to get the golf on.:blush:

Phew!! I just knew I couldn't be the only one this has happened to!

Oh, petpixie, that's a hoot! Who is your son, Scotland Yard? All over the nation, secret shoppers are checking their plasma screens for the tell-tale signs and Q will be inundated with orders for non-plasma tellies. Gosh, that woman who ordered all those QVC goodies, her telly screen must have been embossed! I can see this plot featured on an upcoming UK Law & Order episode! Remember folks, you heard it here first! Furry heartbeats never give the game away, petpixie! bless their litl' four footins'!

My son is a bit of a super sleuth ~ nothing much gets past him so I'm not surprised he found me out
sherlock.gif
It was the head shaking and the half amused half pity look he gave me. It kind of reminded me of the look the courier gives me as I sign for my parcels :thinking:

Brilliant Petpixie, I too tend to hide my viewing but got horribly caught out at the end of last week whilst we were in the UK, everyone was going to the pub but I had to stay in as I have a bad cold, so I switched on the huge TV to QVC and nodded off, only to find a bunch of tipsy people (including many of hubbie's daughter's mate in their twenties) sniggering! Caught red handed all I could do was waffle on about Elemis and Lulu Guinness, but none of this saved my cred as the girls aren't into adult designer labels. Ah well at least it wasn't gardening with the gnome et al.

Yes the look of pity was there too!

The chap at my post office knows all about my QVC habit - and that's just the things I return! If I'm posting things that aren't for QVC, he informs the whole post office that the world is about to end...

I'm banned from watching QVC on my OH's big plasma. I never thought that the details at the bottom could be burnt on to the screen. They should shift them about to prevent this happening.

It's a good job the beauty channel information on the right hand side, doesn't stay on the screen for too long.

My QVC fetish is my little embarrassing secret, I don't have a TV but watch the shows online, no one knows shhhhh.

So glad I'm not the only one that has been "found out" by plasma burn. I also keep my QVC viewing a secret from my OH and over a year ago now my OH's friend spotted it and very publicly pointed it out to him - oh how I wished the ground could have swallowed me up! I blamed QVC of course(!?) - they should move their logo around, shouldn't they!

Had to reply Petpixie...... in the words of Jill Franks........"that was soooooooooo funny"

My tip is to ALWAYS skip on to another channel (usually BBC NEWS haha) before switching off or stand by, cos you always get the last channel viewed when switched on again !!!!!!

QVC guilty secret?....... Me?........ Never !

"found out" by plasma burn

LOL reflexgirl!! What an absolute bummer... glad I don't have a plasma telly!! My own particular "getting found out" scenario usually entails frantically scrambling for the remote when anyone seems to be approaching the living room and not managing to switch over from the Q in time (of course, usually, I just brazen it out and disregard any looks or comments). I've also been known to hastily and furtively switch over to the Q if we've been watching some other telly programme and I'm left on my own for a few seconds whilst others have popped out of the room to the loo or to put the kettle on... ummm just don't ask me what you missed whilst out of the room, because "I don't know". There's always the computer in another room, should alternative viewing arrangements become necessary, and god help me if someone's on that. Tragic really.

OMG mariecat, you are describing me!!!!!! See what QVC has reduced us too ............

If there is a particular show on that I am interested in on QVC, but the TV is being watched by himself, I watch QVC on the laptop (muted of course!), but pretend to be just checking emails. Very Sad, but true!

Note to self : I must get out more!

I was incensed one day when a Royal Mail delivery man appeared at the door with a parcel. He said "So it's you who has all the QVC parcels. I've heard about you!" I rather got the impression that everyone but me knew that perhaps I was watching just a bit to much! I altered my habits pretty quickly after that. Nowadays I barely watch just because there's not so much of interest because I don't like Richard Jackson ;P I felt afraid to order for a long while because it made me think of the staff in the sorting office going "Here's another one!"

And to those of you with hubbies that like the footy, you should give them the same response when they've been watching their team for the umpteenth time that week and see how they like it! :D

I am surprised at you all!

"Guilty secret" - that just does not compute.

I watch what I want on "our" TV without shame or secrecy.
When I think of all the rugby & football matches, News 24, game shows, Top Gear, X Factor ... :sad:
My peepers had to watch all that lot over the years!

Admittedly they USED to tease me, but not any more. They know if they mention it I will immediately turn to QVC.
When my daughter & hopefully future son-in-law drive up, I switch to Q - just for them. How nice am I!
If Himself leaves his study about midnight I say,"Ah, you've come to see what the tsv is!"

Share the joy, that's what I say! (lol)

I am surprised at you all!

"Guilty secret" - that just does not compute.

I watch what I want on "our" TV without shame or secrecy.
When I think of all the rugby & football matches, News 24, game shows, Top Gear, X Factor ... :sad:
My peepers had to watch all that lot over the years!

Admittedly they USED to tease me, but not any more. They know if they mention it I will immediately turn to QVC.
When my daughter & hopefully future son-in-law drive up, I switch to Q - just for them. How nice am I!
If Himself leaves his study about midnight I say,"Ah, you've come to see what the tsv is!"

Share the joy, that's what I say! (lol)

Oh how I've tried to share the joy minim, but my lyrical waxings on the value of the tsv and my insistences of the savings to be made and the amazing quality products to be had fall on deaf ears and worse ~ sniggers! The deaf ears I can handle, but the sniggers and remarks along the lines of 'oh mum! What are we going to do with you?' are hard to take. With no possibility of converting the cultureless rabble I choose to feed my addiction in private and enjoy myself without their 'witty' comments. I do check my laptop every so often when they're around just to check I'm not missing out on anything, but it's not the same soundless and small. Qvc deserves surround sound and widescreen to be fully appreciated :tongue:

DH's vice is the sky poker channel (he's currently £3.70 up on the year!) but he thinks I'll disapprove so flicks the sky box to 103 before switching off because he knows I'll be first up in the morning. What he forgets is that if he'd been watching ITV he'd normally watch the HD channel on 178 but late at night he only remembers the old channel number...quite amusing really. So we're not alone...there are other addictions out there if you tire of shopping!

Jude xx

I had a similar experience to Moth when the postman called one day - he had a plastic type box with my parcels (about 6 or 7 I think!), looked at me and tipped them all on my front door mat with a pitying look on his face. At that moment, I felt quite ashamed and it has made me cut back substantially on my QVC spending. I knew I was buying a lot of things from theQ but it was a really embarrassing and shocking wake up call to me.

Latest posts

Back