Diamonds 1pm

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
This show is getting a bit tiresome with the harping on about the easy payments.
Lori the diamond expert should as far as I'm concerned should give her view on the diamonds.
Rather than keep preaching on how much a monthly payment she can set aside out of her budget, to pay for her purchase.
Lucky her she has just announced she can do in the month, three monthly amounts of £91.04.

Most of the diamonds shown are "chippings" and I don't know why they are so expensive!

I agree. I was sucked in years ago (because I never owned a diamond ring) and was very unimpressed with their offerings. It was only a couple of years ago when I was lucky enough to have been bought a 'proper' diamond pave set ring, that I realised the difference was staggering.

There was a pair of diamond cluster earrings, and they just looked grey, not nice at all.

There was a pair of diamond cluster earrings, and they just looked grey, not nice at all.

By any chance did Lori talk of the colour of the diamonds in the earrings?
I heard her let slip in today's show that if the colour is not good, she won't even mention colour on the item.

By any chance did Lori talk of the colour of the diamonds in the earrings?
I heard her let slip in today's show that if the colour is not good, she won't even mention colour on the item.

Risky comment there. Bet her days are numbered!

Tonight I heard with Lori and Dale it's all about how much you have left each month, when everything and all the bills have been paid.
Yes ok but then I think the item was on three easy pay of about £530

Lori was wearing a lovely necklace in that hour, a bit like a Tiffany diamonds by the yard. It was really pretty so I phoned up to get the product code hoping it would be gemstone not diamond so a bit cheaper. They put me on hold for 5 minutes only to tell me it was her own and not a qvc item. How stupid, who sells jewelry for an hour and doesn't wear stuff that's for sale?

Lori was wearing a lovely necklace in that hour, a bit like a Tiffany diamonds by the yard. It was really pretty so I phoned up to get the product code hoping it would be gemstone not diamond so a bit cheaper. They put me on hold for 5 minutes only to tell me it was her own and not a qvc item. How stupid, who sells jewelry for an hour and doesn't wear stuff that's for sale?

Thinking about it, she may well have worn that necklace on another show before.

I was once told by an exboyfriend whose brother worked as a diamond buyer for a famous diamond company that the best way to buy the best quality diamond that you can afford in terms of clarity, colour and cut is to go somewhere like the jewellery quarter in birmingham, choose your stone or stones then shop around for the serting you want in the material you want. You don't have to get both from the same place, you can even use a second hand setting that will probably have a damn sight more gold in it. I have seen them in jewellers shops where they do repairs on site, and they sometimes have them "out back" that has been scrapped by someone. Once you have sourced the setting, go to choose the stones direct from the man who can set it for you. This cuts out the retail stage of the process and saves you a lot of money. You end up with a quality, bespoke piece that has cost much less and no one else will have one the same, unlike QVC. And if you can afford it you will have a certified diamond, which QVC don't do. Of course it doesn't have to be diamonds, and the price of other gems varies considerably according to the market. Demand for quality sapphires far outstrips supply right now probably due to the royal wedding, so their price has rocketted.

Latest posts

Back