Grundig stand mixer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Col

Registered Shopper
hi guys.wondered if anyone has a similar problem.just purchased a food mixer from IW.
its a really nice looking machine,well made by a decent company (Grundig).we watched the tv demo over and over before placing the order.also done as much research as possible into the machine.it was delivered within a couple of days...great service.unpacked,checked contents,everything present and correct.then the wife decided to try it out. it was this point everything good went bad !The plug was not a uk 3 flat pin,but a continental round 3 pin. i thought no problem i,ll change the plug.then the wife said no,it was a molded plug which would have to be cut off.thus maybe invalidating the warranty. why did IW not mention this during the demo,and/or include a adapter...we have had to source the adapter which will eventually arrive one day...As we could not use the item should this be deemed "not suitable for the purpose" ?.
interested to hear your thoughts......

OMG why didn't IW mention this they must have sold thousands and lots to people who are housebound so going out to find the correct adapter is going to be
impossible.
I have just checked on their web site and no where does it mention that you will need an adaptor to use the mixer.
I would be emailing them to get it collected under the sale of goods act and the misrepresentation of goods act both of which apply in this case.
Good luck.

Why do IW do things like this and not give all the information necessary for buyers? So annoying. I feel frustrated on your behalf. For the cost of adaptors, they could and should include one but then again, in the UK, why are they selling kitchen appliances that need an adaptor?

i bet they have bought a job lot from abroad on the cheap, its illegal to sell non compliant electrical IIRC i would speak to trading standards

Its not even half price many places selling at same price

I think that they have shot themselves in the foot this time, individual customers receiving bad customer service is one
thing but to have sold 1000's of items that are not fit for purpose and misrepresented is going one step to far.
May be this will be the beginning of the end of I.W
This looks like it could run and run knowing how slow they are to respond to ANY sort of complaint.

Why not get in touch with Ideal World about before buying an adapter?

Not sure it's illegal to sell an appliance in the UK without a 3 pin plug as electric shavers have only 2 pin plugs and I have had kitchen stuff before that only had 2 pins - although that was a few years ago now.

Not an expert but went around this loop with an Amazon third party supplier I didn't realise was in Germany

It is a requirement to meet BS1363 which defines the UK plug standard

http://www.bis.gov.uk/files/file38628.pdf
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BS_1363

It is OK to supply an adaptor if the device does not require an earth connection. That is if it just uses the live and neutral connections. The lower two pins

Otherwise. If it needs an earth then it has to be a proper UK fitted and tested plug and cannot be used via an adaptor

The problem is that you will not be able to tell without stripping off the plug

Stuart

Wow I would not be happy, I very nearly purchased this but for the fact we are going away next week and wasn't sure it would arrive before then. I would be interest to hear what IW have to say about this.

I almost bought this too. The fact it was IW put me off after recent experiences with customer service

The other realisation was that I don't really eat cakes or bread but if I had a stand mixer I would be baking and eating stuff all the time

I fight with my weight already without adding in a new temptation

But… I really really desire a Kenwood Chef Titanium

Stuart

quick update; i have emailed IW customer services and received the standard auto reply back.(Thank you for your recent email dated 24/04/12 which has been received by our Customer Service Department.
We will contact you regarding the matters raised as soon as possible.
Yours Sincerely,
Ideal World
Customer Service Department )
wont hold my breath tho !.

simply appalling!

Please keep us updated (I hope IW do something for all their customers who have bought this and not just those who complain).

Don't be fooled by a name, the Grundig company is not the same manufacture of electrical goods of years ago.

Not entirely sure why they use the Grundig name - when I think og Grundig I think of TVs and VCRs!

They are now owned by a Turkish company best know for the Beko brand.

Good Morning Col,

I'm so sorry regarding the lack of service you have received, please can I invite you to email me on [email protected]
with your order number / account I shall have this rectified for you by the close of play today.

Once again please accept my apologies for this.
Thanks
Gareth

Good Morning Col,

I'm so sorry regarding the lack of service you have received, please can I invite you to email me on [email protected]
with your order number / account I shall have this rectified for you by the close of play today.

Once again please accept my apologies for this.
Thanks
Gareth

They obviously want to box this one off quickly so it slides down the discussion thread. I'm totally shocked that they would sell a kitchen appliance people can't use immediately.For Ideal World not to mention this issue in the presentation was nothing short of dubious selling practice in my view. What a mean thing to do.

They obviously want to box this one off quickly so it slides down the discussion thread. I'm totally shocked that they would sell a kitchen appliance people can't use immediately.For Ideal World not to mention this issue in the presentation was nothing short of dubious selling practice in my view. What a mean thing to do.
my email response has been sent.hopefully will soon be sorted out ,not just for myself but other buyers as well. :O)

Let's hope they sort this out for you asap to your satisfaction. It's a pity that customers can't have confidence in the call centre to sort things like this out, rather than having to wait days for a response to an email.

nb, thank you to Mr Parker for getting in touch with Col on this thread.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back