Puppy Dog's Ears

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jai1998

Registered Shopper
Has anyone else noticed the complete overuse of the term "Puppy Dog's Ears" when describing anything soft on QVC.

I am sure it was being used during Voldemort Hoppen's hours the other day and now Dale is saying it on Northern Nights.

I don't know why it annoys me so much.

Voldemort Hoppen
This made me shriek with laughter!

Puppy dogs' ears? Ugh, surely any use at all would be overuse, except maybe amongst all the other drippy nonsense in a Charlie Bears show. I haven't heard it yet but if I do I'll be straight for the mute button!

I agree. You can blame Snoozy Adams for that one as she was the first to use it. Completely nauseating isn't it?

Umm. What are puppy dog's ears? I know what puppy dog ears are but not in the context of a QVC presenter's vocabulary...

I really don't like any of the NN "sales" techniques and buzz words. For example the incessant stroking of the items, disparaging comments about old-fashioned "nylon" flannelette sheets, cocooning, cradled. I'm sure there are more.

I love buying bedding but how much longer can I bear to watch these shows ?

Umm. What are puppy dog's ears? I know what puppy dog ears are but not in the context of a QVC presenter's vocabulary...

The expression is used to describe any fabrics which feel soft. It makes me cringe every time they say it.

I can't stand these stupid expressions used by presenters to sell goods. For gawds sake why can't they just say the bedding is soft and comfy, puppy dogs ears gives me the creeps.

I love it on Beauty shows when someone dares to say (smooth as a baby`s bottom) just to see the look of horror on AY face.
Lynn

When my dog was a puppy her ears were usually full of bits of grass and twigs and smelled of whatever she had just rolled in so the expression doesn't exactly make me want to 'jump to the phone'!!:giggle:

yes the ends of my puppies ears were always full of food until they were washed ...so they obviously are taliking about `chocolate box` dogs the ones that make people buy a dog who aren`t really suitable owners!!!

Latest posts

Back