Alison Young Question?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
I understand from Alison she is QVC's resident beauty expert.
Does Alison still actively practice as a beauty therapist?
I don't understand the beauty training or the practice.
Though as an ex nurse I do understand keeping up to date and fit to practice.

Don't know if she still practices outwith the Q. But I will say that when she is actually being the therapist demonstrating the products on air, she's at her best - you know, the shows that I think are called 'In the Salon with Alison', where it's just her and a co-presenter, rather than a guest - she's really professional, friendly and just gets stuck in (particularly admirably with feet!).

I always chuckled at that "meet the experts" promo where each presenter was pitched as an expert in something. For Alison...Beauty Expert we were shown shots of Gobby at a desk holding a Decleor box, reading the back of it and writing something in a notebook. The message? "I am an expert: I can copy a list of ingredients from the packaging into a notebook".

Too funny.

I don't know if Alison still works as a beauty therapist but as for the training it's not easy, my sister is a beauty therapist and I am a clinical lecturer in Radiography and when she was training initially she would borrow my anatomy books. They learn about skin cells muscle and ligament attachments reactions causes and treatment, skin diseases including skin cancer amongst many other things. Also they need regular updates on new products and the effect different ingredients have on the skin, so a qualified therapist is not an air head who likes slapping on a cream. It was my sister who noticed a mole on my face that was in fact cancerous and had I not been going for a facial I would not have got treatment for it so quickly

Thanks for that info delh! It's good to know they get in depth training about skin.

its not the therapists at fault i dont doubt thier proffessionalism just some of the product that we are sold...

AY seems to have dipped her toe in many things over the years without ever getting wet. Her product knowledge and description of ingreeejunts etc is often very out of date and spewed out by rote. The one time I saw her applying makeup she came out with the immortal line 'well when you're using it at home you can blend it in better' (after giving Nalintha lovely Aunt Sally cheeks). Blend it better than a beauty therapist 'qualified in all areas of everything ever invented'??! If she does have clients then they're friends or referred by friends. Someone asked this question yonks ago and various forumites googled (myself included) and there were no contact details for her etc.

In the early days much was made of her working with Clairns and Decleor helping them develop products(we never found out which ones). If I remember she was a trainer with one of them before then joining QVC.

A guide dog could apply makeup better than Alison, she is on pare with Mr Humpa Lumpa on IW(Jerome Alexander), poking and slapping on makeup really roughly.

Latest posts

Back