Julia's Love For Her Football Team Extends

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I feel quite chuffed that I made my own way in life without having to fall back on my parents for a job ! Much as I hate to say this, but even Kate & Pippa despite their expensive education finished up relying on mum and dad's business for an income. What exactly is wrong with today's generation ? do they lack the 'gumption' of past generations, or the fact that they dont become 'adult' until age 30 ???

Times have changed and I'm afraid one can't just go out and find a job. There are many reasons why but I would love it if someone would give me a helping hand to find employment.

These days it's tougher than ever for school leavers and graduates to fond a job than it has ever been. I employed my son for a while and I pushed open every door I could to get him a start. He's now got a great job and works hard. He's been promoted way above where he should be for his age but he earned that. All I did was give him a chance to prove himself. And if I had another child I'd do exactly the same again.

Quite how Julia opened doors for Daniel I don't know, but if she did then why not? He'll keep the job on his own merits.

Times have changed and I'm afraid one can't just go out and find a job. There are many reasons why but I would love it if someone would give me a helping hand to find employment.

What type of employment are you looking for and in what area?
You never know fate may deal in your favour.

These days it's tougher than ever for school leavers and graduates to fond a job than it has ever been. I employed my son for a while and I pushed open every door I could to get him a start. He's now got a great job and works hard. He's been promoted way above where he should be for his age but he earned that. All I did was give him a chance to prove himself. And if I had another child I'd do exactly the same again.

Quite how Julia opened doors for Daniel I don't know, but if she did then why not? He'll keep the job on his own merits.

Great you were able to give your son a helping hand on the ladder to secure a good job.
You must be very proud to see he hasn't let himself or you down, exceeding far in than expected.
Well done to your hard working son.

How could Julia have influenced the club to get her son a job? Professional sports clubs make decisions based on skill sets.

I am a member of a rugby club (top tier) and a lot of the supporters are at least 2nd generation and have a life long commitment to the game and the club. We regularly see family members coaching in the academy - why? Well, they step up and volunteer, they have been supporters in the bad as well as the good times and they are genuinely committed to the team, brand and club and not just moving in to further their careers.

Anyway, why the constant fascination (to almost stalking levels) of the presenters' private lives - they are salesmen, I don't really care about their lives any more than the habits of my local John Lewis assistants (where incidentally, they employ many generations of the same families).

While she may have put in a good word for him ( and who in this day and age wouldn't do the same for their child) he will have to work hard and draw on his skills to keep the job.
These days no one has a safe job and no one is indispensable.
So good luck to him and lets hope he dose an incredible job and does her proud.
I will go and hide my head below the parapet now.

As the saying goes, 'it's who you know not what you know'. If Julia is able to open a door for her son then they'd be mad not to take advantage of it, especially these days. She must be very relieved that he's in work, and working at her favourite footy club too.

I tend to agree with several posters here. How on earth could Julia Roberts, QVC presenter, had any hand in her son Daniel, personal trainer and football coach (who, by the way would have to have certain certification to get the job) getting a job? Based solely on the fact they are 'her' team? Crystal Palace are a professional football team and no such team is going to spend money paying coaches to bring on the next generation, if they are not up to the job. I worked for many years in a small family business and, yes, I probably snagged that job because of that - although, I'd like to think I had the skills to do it too. But as for the idea of Julia giving Daniel a helping hand, that's just a non-starter, surely?

As an aside, and regarding people taking jobs in the family business - if that is what they want to do, why on earth wouldn't they? What's so wrong with the Middleton girls working for the family firm? It's not always a matter of 'falling back' on parents for employment. Perhaps some people actually want to help in the family firm? I know I did. And, in my experience, most of the family members employed in the family firm are up to the job. And, if you look back in history, many of the major companies of today began as family firms! Just looking across the breakfast table this morning I saw "Wilkin & Sons Tiptree jam" - Good job those offspring didn't 'lack the gumption' to get a job elsewhere!
I'm not being argumentative here, by the way, I just feel that this whole supposed 'nepotism' argument gets out of hand sometimes …
Perhaps I am biased, having worked for the family firm. But I worked damn hard and was good at my job and had a loyalty to the company that some of the non-family members did not have. And that's not a bad thing!

How could Julia have influenced the club to get her son a job? Professional sports clubs make decisions based on skill sets.

I am a member of a rugby club (top tier) and a lot of the supporters are at least 2nd generation and have a life long commitment to the game and the club. We regularly see family members coaching in the academy - why? Well, they step up and volunteer, they have been supporters in the bad as well as the good times and they are genuinely committed to the team, brand and club and not just moving in to further their careers.

Anyway, why the constant fascination (to almost stalking levels) of the presenters' private lives - they are salesmen, I don't really care about their lives any more than the habits of my local John Lewis assistants (where incidentally, they employ many generations of the same families).

Oh dear, the last thread containing these views was severely censored and I feel more snipping to come.

Latest posts

Back