Don't be so ridiculos woman!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tinkerbelle

Registered Shopper
Guests and presenters rarely irritate me but the RevitaLash bird's evangelical witterings are just plain silly. I know loads of people love the product and it seems to work but dolly daydream has just said "I couldn't get my contact lense in because of my eyelashes". If your lashes get in the way of sticking in a contact lens my love then the buggers are growing in the wrong direction.

She said it after Jill had said about lashes touching the lenses of glasses and sunglasses. Dolly daydream had to go one better it seems.

I had the misfortune to hear Natalia say about not being able to get her contact lenses in during the midnight hour. Such a daft thing to say!

Last edited:
The dear lady is so full of her own importance, anyone would think that she had discovered a cure for a life threatening disease.

Guests and presenters rarely irritate me but the RevitaLash bird's evangelical witterings are just plain silly. I know loads of people love the product and it seems to work but dolly daydream has just said "I couldn't get my contact lense in because of my eyelashes". If your lashes get in the way of sticking in a contact lens my love then the buggers are growing in the wrong direction.

She said it after Jill had said about lashes touching the lenses of glasses and sunglasses. Dolly daydream had to go one better it seems.

Thank you - brilliant .....:mysmilie_507:

The thing with this product is, that I so want to try it, as judging by all the reviews, it seems to do "what it says on the tin". BUT, can't bring myself to spend that much and to be fair my lashes whilst nothing special, are at least noticeable once I've lobbed a bit of mascara on them.
Also, IMO, it seems that things are getting a bit extreme if we're to think that having long lashes is that important, there's enough pressure on us to be everything to everybody without worrying that our ruddy lashes aren't long enough. So therefore I refuse to buy in to the hype
:grin:

Yes it is now a crime against humanity to have normal length eyelashes.
I fear to leave the flat, incase I am grabbed and my lashes are taken into protective custody for not being longer.

I use the Talika eyelash gel from Spance NK. It's only £20 (I usually put it on my birthday/Christmas list!!) and it works wonderfully. I used to have lovely long lashes but once I hit 40 they disappeared, this brings them back. I'm more concerned with my right eye though. For some reason I get a little bald patch right in the middle of my lashes!!! The Talika gel sorts that out :) Works for me, anyway :)

I use the Talika eyelash gel from Spance NK. It's only £20 (I usually put it on my birthday/Christmas list!!) and it works wonderfully. I used to have lovely long lashes but once I hit 40 they disappeared, this brings them back. I'm more concerned with my right eye though. For some reason I get a little bald patch right in the middle of my lashes!!! The Talika gel sorts that out :) Works for me, anyway :)

Yes I have used it and restarted after getting a mini 2mls size.

Most men stratobuddy usually have good lashes.

This is an absolutely ridiculous question, but I have a quirky mind ! Are these potions "safe" and tested ? If they can stimulate hair follicles to grow, could they stimulate other cells ?

This guest annoys me also. She reminds me of Claire Sutton...

She was flirting with Charlie boy in the 4 o'clock hour too. "Feel my lashes, go on feel them." :mysmilie_491:

This is an absolutely ridiculous question, but I have a quirky mind ! Are these potions "safe" and tested ? If they can stimulate hair follicles to grow, could they stimulate other cells ?

I don't know about the revitalash one but the Talika was originally some kind of gel for healing burns, or something like that, can't quite remember!! It was discovered as a side effect that it stimulated eyelashes to grow so they marketed it for that too. It was used in hospitals so I reckon it should be ok. I've still got my eyes anyway :)

The presenter woman REALLY annoys me too. Hate watching her but the product is absolutely fantastic. Although it is expensive I would pay twice as much for it as it does an amazing job on my eyelashes. I have been using it for nearly a year now.

It would be my desert island product and I would say it is one of the best products I have purchased from QVC.

Natalia is an actress and every Revitalash 'airing' is an audition to be a permanent Q presenter or another lucrative acting position. She told porkies in the 3pm show. That they were pioneers in eyelash conditioners and that's why the film actresses and celebrities are so loyal to them. Mavala double-lash has been for years and Talika Lipocils since 1948!!! 64 years!!! Surely that makes Talika the pioneer. Tsk-tsk

The presenter woman REALLY annoys me too. Hate watching her but the product is absolutely fantastic. Although it is expensive I would pay twice as much for it as it does an amazing job on my eyelashes. I have been using it for nearly a year now.

It would be my desert island product and I would say it is one of the best products I have purchased from QVC.

Really? Your desert island product? I always chuckle when I hear that much over-used phrase, especially from celeb-obsessed QVC presenters! I mean, I love long lashes as much as the next woman, but really...desert island? I don't think so. As much as long lashes would be useful in keeping sand from getting into the eyes, I would be looking for some kind of multi-tasking balm product as my desert island product - Emma Hardie Moringa Balm, or Liz Earle Superbalm.

Back to revitalash, I too am a bit resentful about this addition to the beauty must haves; glossy full locks, smooth wrinkle-free skin with just the right glow and now incredibly long lashes. I'll just stick to sweeping on a bit of mascara, when I can be bothered.

What will be the next must have a product? A little pot of balm to rub into our noses each night to gives us that perfect, pert little nose, ala Jennifer Aniston?

Really? Your desert island product? I always chuckle when I hear that much over-used phrase, especially from celeb-obsessed QVC presenters! I mean, I love long lashes as much as the next woman, but really...desert island? I don't think so. As much as long lashes would be useful in keeping sand from getting into the eyes, I would be looking for some kind of multi-tasking balm product as my desert island product - Emma Hardie Moringa Balm, or Liz Earle Superbalm.

Back to revitalash, I too am a bit resentful about this addition to the beauty must haves; glossy full locks, smooth wrinkle-free skin with just the right glow and now incredibly long lashes. I'll just stick to sweeping on a bit of mascara, when I can be bothered.

What will be the next must have a product? A little pot of balm to rub into our noses each night to gives us that perfect, pert little nose, ala Jennifer Aniston?

Yes it would actually - I have never tried these 'balms' but have never found a need for them. I might be a make-up addict more than a skin-care addict - but that could be because I have fairly good skin. I wouldn't go out of the house without foundation and a bit of eyeliner and my eyelashes curled. And with the revitalash it gives me the effect that I have eyeliner on and I don't need to curl them anymore as they are so long and curly 'naturally'!

I suppose it is horses for courses and as been said many times on here you can spend your money on what you choose. And I choose to spend mine on this product!

It really depends on how bothered you are about how you look. Personally I wouldn't go out of the door or even answer the door with at least some mascara and brow pencil on but sometimes I wish I just couldn't care less. Shallow I suppose.

My DS has gorgeous long eyelashes, he always gets comments on them. DD and myself have tried in vain for years to get mascara on them lol x

Love the Dolly Daydream comment!!! On a different note I get my eyelashes tinted every 6 weeks and I use vaseline to condition my eyelashes. It might not make them grow but my eyelashes feel really strong and not brittle at all.

Latest posts

Back