Customer service. Pfft.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Well done Ideal World. NOT!

After messing up an order by sending the wrong item and useless call centre shenanigans I decided to email a query about what I should do instead. The IW website states "we endeavour to respond to emails with 24 hours". I guess that explains why I'm still waiting 4 days later. As it is, I got fed up and sent the whole lot back regardless, so it's their loss ultimately. I even copied the email in the the people I've seen listed here as being the CEO and customer services managers and what not. I guess they're all just as useless as each other then. I do not know how a company can just completely ignore customers, especially when there are problems.

Not impressed.

When I had a problem with a delivery I contacted them via their Facebook page. Got a reply virtually straight away and my goods delivered 2 days later.

Although I'm not on FB I didn't know IW were. I guess they have to react more quickly because it's so public. Thanks, I'll keep it in mind for the future!

See, you answered you own question :( You say why do they ignore customers, then you get treated like shite and will still shop there. Why don't Scottish people pay Poll Tax? Cos they stopped paying and voted to stand together, the English just bitched to each other and kept on paying. This company will keep going because of all the people on here and otherwise who get treated incredibly badly but still shop there, why on earth do IW need to address customer service issues, when you will all keep purchasing?
If you went to a dentist and he made your mouth bleed, swore at you and charged you £80 for the privelidge, would you go back? But you see it here time and time and time again.....
"ooh I got tempted by the..." well I personally think those people deserve every bit of bad treatment they get, sorry :(

Cheesecake I do think that you are being a bit hard, most of those who buy from I.W will never have any problems and if and when they do that is when they go online to try and find help and end up here.
So we should welcome them with open arms and do all we can to help them not tell them it is their own fault for shopping there in the first place.

No, Im only on about those who have been regulars here for years, and tere are plenty of them!!!

I ordered a few things from IW, I hate the their phone service, they are so slow and keep us on for so long, I find this could be that they are trying to fleece your money for the telephone company they use:thinking:
But I have only praise for Customer Service person who once dealt with me. I had ordered 2 tops, but then I went into hospice the tops arrived while I was in and I had lost so much weight that these tops were miles too big. The Customer Service told me to send a covering letter with the items and there was no squabbles at all. I take this opportunity to say thanks to that person:happy:.
Sometimes there are items that I would like to order, but I don't because I so hate to go through their call centre:talking:

They finally replied and it only took a week. In that time, the replacement order arrived and has already been returned for other reasons. I just hope they don't mess the refund up now! They never actually answered my initial query though.

I don't normally have issues with IW. In general their service is better than QVC, which is why I am a repeat customer of theirs. That doesn't eliminate the fact that they should respond to a customer issue quickly, whether you're a first time buyer or a seasoned customer.

I do regularly shop with IW but I'm getting really sick of the amount of times items simply just don't turn up, or something's missing from the box. I'm sure they must think I'm on the fiddle. Do wish they'd use a British call centre as well, however, I have found the operators to be most polite and helpful.

Last edited:
Delivery times are difficult to fathom. Most of the times, my orders have been delivered within a week, some items within 48 - 72 hours but occasionally, up to nearly 3 weeks. Surely it's not too much to expect that if IW is promoting / selling something, they have arrangements in place with the supplier to have a quick response to orders and despatch.

If I am not mistaken, it was only a couple of years ago that we were all informed that due to enormous pressure of customer complaints etc., the IW call centre was relocating from Mumbai or wherever, to the UK!
So what has happened to that promise?

Joyla

Latest posts

Back