Lying by omission

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maggiemay

Registered Shopper
On a show this afternoon Charlie said to Margaret Dabbs "My other half will be saying do you kill the bird to get the oil, because she’s a vegetarian – and you don’t." She replied "No - you have to remember that it is an organic and natural by-product". Obviously, this means the birds are not killed JUST for their oil but for their meat. Now, putting aside whether you are vegetarian or a meat eater, my gripe is that this was a very ambiguous explanation which may have mislead some people, especially if they were only half listening. IMO they were deliberately being dishonest by skirting around the truth. With respect, not everyone may realise what is implied by a "by-product". Are they trying to make people believe that the oil is removed by liposuction?

I think it could be because they can sometimes be quite vicious. Look at that one Rod Hull used to have, that was a right nasty git. :nod:

I think that had something to do with Rod's hand being stuck up its a*se!

What lies! Nobody eats emu meat. It is NOT a by product. I am not a vegetarian, but I do not approve of this line of argument to justify killing a living creature just for their oil to use in cosmetics.

The whole by product argument makes me wish I was vegetarian. I don't eat veal. Then someone told me that veal is JUST a by product of the milk industry because they have to do something with the males that don't grow up to be used for beef. I realise that this is a harsh reality but I wish they would just let those baby cows have a life. Feeling sad now. I still don't eat veal.

Just how many things qvc would sell if they were 100% honest about ingredient collections ??.. I often wonder about origins of the NN feathers...just hoping they're not from China after reading how they pluck the poor live birds :sad:

daydreamer

Veal, it was the conditions the baby cows where kept it. Tiny crates to stop them moving around, keeping the meal tender. That is banned now, but I still wouldn't touch it.

Veal, it was the conditions the baby cows where kept it. Tiny crates to stop them moving around, keeping the meal tender. That is banned now, but I still wouldn't touch it.

The guy who told me about the whole by product thing also said that I should eat british veal because otherwise the male calves would be shipped over to france where they are treated awfully as Donna said. If we buy British veal we apparently prevent this. I dont eat it, because I don't approve of it but maybe this should also be done to prevent the exports. Oh well, off on a huge tangent, sorry. Back to that Emu oil...

there's more to veal than that - like keeping them deliberately very anaemic so the meat is nice and white for the consumer. i've been veggie for 25 years and it was factory farming that started me off. however, regarding emu oil, people eating meat for nourishment is one thing but using it for a "beauty" product....sorry, words fail me :(

At least they're now referring to the emu oil. I remember when it launched, it sold out before I could get through with my order so I googled it, with a view to buying on line as they really did do a good demo and sold it as a wonder product. That's how I found out about the emu oil; there was no mention of it by Q. I'm guessing there were quite a few complaints and returns because they started referring to it, albeit nonchalantly, when it was back in stock.

Latest posts

Back