QVC's most annoying accents ..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

hounds-of-love

Registered Shopper
ok i'm just watching the Prai lady and while she doesn't have the most annoying accent she does mangle her words, and her accent is supposed to be what exactly ? Transatlantic ?

Prai lady said she was born in S****horpe,she does have an unusual accent. On the subject of voices, Pipa's high pitched way of speaking [squealing] goes through me. A presenter's voice can make an hour pleasant viewing or not as the case may be.

Oh no !!!!! just realised why above place name has appeared the way it has on my above post. Sorry didn't realise,I just typed it normally.

The voice that annoys me most belongs to Lulu (of Timebomb fame, not Guinness). Is it Scots, southern or transatlantic (or all 3)?

Also I sometimes think that Craig exaggerates his Bristolian accent - it doesn't sound natural and grates on my ears.

And what about the Peony Flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars woman ?

I don't mind any accent.
It's screeching that gets to me.
When Alison Young or Pipa Gordon are going at it full throttle it sets my teeth on edge.

Last edited:
I think it would be easier to say the least annoying accents on qvc, I just had a quick look at todays tsv and there was DG screeching a spiel about why we should buy her jeans, no ta dear.

Had QVC on with the sound off yesterday. Kathy the Prai lady was really interesting to watch like that! I could tell exactly what she was saying even with the sound off because she is so expressive with her hands and her face! I don't mind her accent.

When it comes to voices I find AY, Lulu Guinness and that Revitalash woman really irritating. I find Craig's accent annoying and although I like her... Kim Mendelssons accent is quite hard to understand at times. And the 2 absolute worst?? SIMON WILSON who always sounds like he can't get his words out ir is slurring them and bluddy Suarti.

I really like the scottish accent (Ally McCoist, yum yum!!), but for some reason, Ann Dawson's voice affects me like nails scratching a blackboard. I have trouble listening to her - strange!

The only presenter I really can't listen to is Julian B (sorry to all of you that love him!!).It isn't an accent thing its the tone of his voice or whatever, just can't stand it!

Im not really bothered by any of the accents but i am getting really irritated by one of the voice over women doing the little segments between shows. She has a lisp of sorts and the more i realise its her, the more i hear the lisp and the more irritated i become! I realise its not her fault but it just gets on my nerves!

Im not really bothered by any of the accents but i am getting really irritated by one of the voice over women doing the little segments between shows. She has a lisp of sorts and the more i realise its her, the more i hear the lisp and the more irritated i become! I realise its not her fault but it just gets on my nerves!

OMG .. yes it's beginning to remind me of the ****** M&S woman from a couple of years ago .. really winds me up !

Michel and Carmel's accents really grate on me, and i can't stand the way Kelly Hoppen speaks, I have to turn over.

I caught a bit of a handbag show yesterday - Tyler Roden or something? - and the woman on that had the most annoying voice I've ever heard, I didn't like the show anyway, horrible tacky bags with umbrellas, so I switched off. I can't really explain why her voice/accent really got on my nerves but it was very shouty and irritating !

(ps. Apologies if everyone loves the bags!!)

I don't really mind anyone off QVC but Dennice off t'other channel doesn't half wind me up! 😡

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jill Gauntlett- trying so hard to improve on her estuary English and not succeeding.

Suppose people can't help the way they speak, but the accent that really does my head in is Nicola George from the Sit ups. It is so strange that I looked her up on the sit up website. Apparantely she's a Geordie lass, I'd have to say that's the strangest Geordie accent I've ever heard, I can't recognise a single iota of Geordie in it. To me is sounds like someone who perhaps has a strong regional accent trying to imitate the west country accent but not quite getting it right!

Kim of course...I can't listen to her for any long period of time. Think the worst though is Mally OMG!...shut UP!!!!!! AAAAGHHH!

I really like the scottish accent (Ally McCoist, yum yum!!), but for some reason, Ann Dawson's voice affects me like nails scratching a blackboard. I have trouble listening to her - strange!

I so agree! My Step-Mum was Scottish and her accent was nice, soft and easy to listen to, but I have got to the point with Ann Dawson where I have to either turn the sound right down or turn over!

Latest posts

Back