Daylight Robbery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

caretodiffer

Registered Shopper
I quite like to have the Elemis facial mitts,Item Number 227938 but they are £20.52 plus £3,95 P&P:whew:

I think I will continue with my face cloth:nod:

I fell for these once, until I realised they are just face flannels sewn into the shape of a mitt!! They even went grubby like your average white face flannel! Asda value ones for me now (replaced every couple of months) - come to my senses :taphead: lol

Every now and again Aldi or Lidl sell a pack of 3 or 4 square shaped mitts for a couple of quid which do just as well. I bought the mitts when they first came out and they are nowhere near as big as the ones Keeley uses and can be a pain to get on and off - I have large hands but not that large !

Microfibre cloths are good (I'm currently using a hair turban that I have until I go to the shops). I've only just discovered the benefits of microfibre as I've never had much interest in beauty products before discovering QVC in the last year and possibly I'm on a quest to stop everything slipping southwards. But as I said on another thread, I can only use it three times a week as my skin is way too fragile for every day use. It cleans the blackheads out a treat. I would term it the poor woman's clarisonic. I had to return the clarisonic as it was too rough to use everyday and I could not justify keeping it to use once or twice a week. I loved the body brush on the clarisonic but again felt that it was a very expensive body brush.

I had one mitt free with the cleanser, it went hard eventually. Have a nose on ebay for bamboo clothes they are really, really soft and not that expensive. I use them as face cloths and wash all over with one.

I heard on the news the other day that the traditional flannel was becoming extinct because no one uses them any more, when did that happen? Obviously I lead a more sheltered life than I thought!

I was given a pair of those mitts.
They are fab for cleaning the dust off ornaments!

I like the microfibre cloths too..a proper face flannel provides a bit more exfoliation if you want it. I did buy a pack of bamboo cloths the other week, can't for the life of me think where I found them..but maybe I'll have to give those a go as well then, they've not been used as dishcloths yet!

i like the liz earl cloths and thats enough for me had them for several years as i dont buy this brand anymore

Coincidence. I bought two microfibre cloths today in our local shop after reading about them on the drop. I would never in a million years have thought of buying them but for the info on this forum. I have learnt soooo much on here. I do use the clarisonic once a day, but I have to say, i have not seen any massive results like some others have. Oh Well.

I've always used a cloth of some sort to remove my cleanser, I even bought some microfibre cloths from QVC donkeys years ago and they're still going strong (if a little grey). I can't use mitts because I want to wring out the excess water which I can't do wearing mitts and the water runs down my arms.

I fell for the elemis ones, used one pair which shrank in the wash and then sold the unused pairs on ebay for a profit.

Jude xx

Its funny how things changes because a lot of people on here were raving about them 3 years ago

here is the thread http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/foru...the-Elemis-mitts/page3&highlight=facial+mitts

I dont think I would say the price is daylight robbery, they have gone up a little in 3 years but then so has everything
else, mine are still white and I use them every week
I usually damp them and then squeeze out the water and then put them on my hands, although most times I just use one mitt, 2 is great if you are doing a facial for someone else

Coincidence. I bought two microfibre cloths today in our local shop after reading about them on the drop. I would never in a million years have thought of buying them but for the info on this forum. I have learnt soooo much on here. I do use the clarisonic once a day, but I have to say, i have not seen any massive results like some others have. Oh Well.

You found some then Itchy - hope you like them now I've been singing their praises!

I got the Elemis mitts back when they were £16, didn't use them that much and wouldn't buy them again. They went manky really quickly and I found it really hard to get them white again. Plus I found it very annoying to have to wet them, wring them out, put them on, take them off, rinse them, wring them out again, put them on again to finish cleansing, take them off, rinse them out blah blah! So much easier to just grab a facecloth and be done with it! I moved on to LE muslin cloths but now that I use a clarisonic I don't even bother with those anymore as my face is exfoliated enough with the clarisonic and there's hardly any cleanser left to remove once it's done it's job so a facecloth it is.

I bought the Elemis mitts ages ago, but I have never been that impressed by them, I find them real tight to get on. The Sarah Chapman mitts looks much better... half the size and without the thumb, off to see if I can find them....

Last edited:
I had a debate with myself about this a couple of weeks ago. Using Emma Hardie at the moment and her cloths went grey really quickly. Poorly made too as the seam came apart after a few uses. I was debating whether I would fork out for a pack of Liz Earle cloths (which I like) or the Elemis mitts. In the end I opted for a 99p facecloth from Boots. In all honesty, I can't see the difference from any other (more expensive) cloths I have used in the past. And it's pink so I don't need to worry about it greying. I don't know about you but there is something psychological about using a grey cloth - it really puts me off!

Latest posts

Back