P&P question.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Not a moan about P&P directly, more of a query about it. Is there any sort of formula that QVC apply to determine postage values or do they just roll a couple of dice and see what comes up? I'm rather of the opinion it's the latter. I was watching the ESPA show recently, and one product I was interested in, the cleansing milk (201280), had P&P of £4.95; as the product only cost £19.25, that's a whopping 25% added to the cost. That put me right off buying to start with but I also noticed that none of the other products in the show had P&P as high as that, so could this have been a mistake? Looking around at other brands and products too, P&P seems to be applied arbitrarily. There's no way you can look at a product and estimate the likely cost based on size or weight. It all seems very random. It must put plenty of others off buying too. I know it does me and I've seen lots of forumites say the same. I'd love to know how that would extrapolate to the population as a whole. And this was aired was before the huge price hike by the Post Office!

I'm guessing but the company that distributes/owns the products may have some influence on what P&P is applied. For example SBC (whose goods are heavy) often have zero P&P. So where the P&P is high QVC may be responsible for the distribution. High P&P gives them larger profit margins and also may put customers off returning goods. Just my thoughts

I dread think what their P&P will be now the PO prices are up.Still its all good - puts me off buying! I could find lots of things to buy on QVC but the P&P continually puts me off.

Thing is though QVC are so rubbish with their prices and delivery - that if I see a P&P thats say £3.45 - I think immediately...ooh thats good!!! Would it really be classed as "good" anywhere else???!!! Likewise if I pay £5.45 for something and it comes in 3 days I think fantastic!!!! But really??!! For £5.45,shouldn't I be expecting it the next day???!!!

Under distance selling regulations by law you have to be reimbursed your postage costs as well. I think you have to email qvc about it. They are a bit cheeky though with p&p I agree. They had an item on air yesterday, a set of 2 necklaces.. £5.95 p&p! couldn't believe it! Necklaces usually come in envelopes as well! Not even boxes!

There charges do seem to be a hit or a miss
I posted the other day that a single item cost more p&p than a duo of the same thing

I agree with RD think it has something to do with the MBG and also that they collect things for "free"
if they are over 4kg, the money has to come from somewhere

I also think that they put high p&p on certain items to deter or to make people think twice
about actually purchasing, rather than buying and sending lots of things back under the MBG

I have to say I was surprised at the Elemis TSV p & p at only £4.45. I was expecting it to be over £6. One pot of 50mls face cream was £5+!!!!

I have always said I really think there is insurance or something build into the p&p, or QVC make money from the shipping.

I have to say I was surprised at the Elemis TSV p & p at only £4.45. I was expecting it to be over £6. One pot of 50mls face cream was £5+!!!!

I have always said I really think there is insurance or something build into the p&p, or QVC make money from the shipping.

I have always found that my Elemis is always well packaged.

I've often wondered how an item of jewellery (thinking AAA tanzanite) costing over a £1,000 plus, can still come in at £5.45 pp which includes signed for delivery, and a Kim & Co frock rate the same postage with no signature.

My bugbear is the "it'll be with you in 3 to 5 working days." Q work 7 days a week, the post office/courier 6 days a week. Yet they refer to Monday to Friday as a business week with regards to delivery.

It make me laugh when QVC sell Kipling bags and tell us that they weigh nothing and they are ideal if you need to post one to someone as a present but they charge us about £5 in p & p.

i do also think *somewhere* the P&P must go towards the 30 day MBG

There charges do seem to be a hit or a miss
I posted the other day that a single item cost more p&p than a duo of the same thing

I agree with RD think it has something to do with the MBG and also that they collect things for "free"
if they are over 4kg, the money has to come from somewhere

I also think that they put high p&p on certain items to deter or to make people think twice
about actually purchasing, rather than buying and sending lots of things back under the MBG

and don't forget the free phone calls! Perhaps those of us who always order on line should ask for a reduced rate of P & P!

What annoys me about QVC postage is that you get charged P&P per item even if you order two things at the same time. Why don't they charge P&P per order like everyone else?

I think rainbowdottie is right about the p&p probably going towards the 30day money back guarantee. Because the p&p is variable on items, is expensive, and is charged for each item rather than the whole order, it's obviously funding costs other than p&p alone. I always factor the p&p into the cost of an item and consider the total as the real cost of the item itself (if you know what I mean) - it's the only way I can decide whether or not to buy an item; a lot of the time it still works out as a good deal, other times it can put me off. I only buy in dribs and drabs - an item or two here or there, so that's probably why I can 'suck it up' - but if you buy a lot of stuff, I could see how the p&p could drive you bonkers!!

I never buy anything where the P&P charges are a very large proportion of the price, that's low priced items with a P&P of anything up to £4.95.I have just bought a Dyrberg Kern Tennis bracelet which I have lusted after for ages & as I am coming into my 'Birthday season' why not?I checked it out in a High St. Department store where even taking the QVC P&P costs into account it was £5 more in the store.So I ordered from Q with a P&P of £4.95! It is so light & came by post in a padded envelope.There is no way I would pay that amount normally.I think whoever said the cost of returned items is covered by these prices is right.Chuntley seems to go on & on & on about the 30 Day MBG ( more than anyone else?) & what have you got to loose? A LOT of cash on P&P charges!!

Latest posts

Back