Knife safety

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

madmax

Registered Shopper
I was watching the TSV presentation this morning and was amazed at how they used the knives with little or no regard to safety.
I trained as a chef many moons ago and knife safety was drilled into us endlessly. I still have the knife set I trained with over 35 years ago a good knife set and a sharpening steel should last a life time.
Not only that but all of these knives with coloured blades look like the "play" kitchen things my children had when they where small.
I am not sure these are not a good idea if you have small children at home or visiting.

I agree with you about the knife colours. I love all the other brightly coloured kitchen things however I do think sharp knives should not be made to look attractive to smallsters.

I wonder how long these would last, and anyway, who needs so many knives? I don't. One sharp small good stainless knife and a carving knife and a bread knife, and I'm done.

i loved the old techniques ones qvc used to sell. these dont "cut" it for me pun intended..

They never wipe or wash the knives when demonstrating the sharpener either. I also imagine gaudy patterns could be very distracting when slicing things, which could then end up including fingers!

I like KR gadgets but I think they are running out of ideas - what a waste of money imo the fruit knife set is. If you have a small paring knife and a spoon how difficult is it to prepare a strawberry or avocado. You can scoop the flesh out of the latter in one piece very easily with a spoon.

I have some Kuhn Rikon coloured knives, from Wilkos and T K Maxx - love them - but I don't have littlies around the place.

Just caught some of the 3pm showing - is it me or is Charlie saying "poker dot" instead of "polka dot"?

There were some coloured / patterned knife sets on QVC a couple of years ago which had very poor reviews, can't remember the brand.

I can't watch any presentations with knives, makes me feel really squeamish. I'm sure I must have been sent to the guillotine in a past life......

I have coloured santuko knives which look exactly like this brand from B&M Bargains!! Why pay for a name I say?! Only I use them, hubby is a knife snob and only uses Global. I'm not proud ;) lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back