Easiyo pot lids

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
Has anyone bought an Easiyo kit recently from QVC or eleswhere?

I bought some extra jars, and they now have white "drinking yogurt" tops with a flip-up lid, not the normal red solid tops.

The reason I ask is that some of the flip-tops seem faulty, as they come half off when you open them, and wondered if others had found the same.

BTW I've just made Easiyo CHEESE, but not intentionally.

I was hoping to get to 1000 yogurts made from a single sachet of Easiyo powder.

However, number 944 went wrong and became cheese instead of yogurt (3/4 jar of whey at the top, with cheese at the bottom).

I started the yogurt from a packet of non-fat plain more than 3 years ago on 29th April 2009.

This is my record so far, but I'm disappointed I didn't reach 1000.

I had a couple of kits from Q when I first started with Easiyo, which had these lids in. Made the mistake once of shaking up the mix without holding down the flip up cap firmly:doh::dull::taphead:.

The sort of mistake you only make once.:giggle::giggle:

Sounds like a dirty protest from your elderley yoghurt Strato.

Anyway isn't it expected that generation after generation of reproduction would result in some ort of "evolution" ? You're lucky it was just cheese. You could have opened the pot one day and seen something staring back at you.

Actually, the one before the cheese was delicious, and MUCH NICER than the one from the Easiyo packet that I made yesterday.

Made number 2 today, another 998 to go!

Hi. What do you do to make your yogurt please? I got a maker set that I saw cheap in Robert dyas. I made up the Greek yogurt that came with the set, but next time I used about half a cup of what was left plus a carton on UHT milk. It came out ok but I found both versions to be a bit sour for my taste.

My latest experiment was to use a couple of spoonfuls of the natural yogurt powder mixed with some UHT milk and milk powder. That tasted lovely though runnier, though it might just seem runny compared to the Greek one.

Do you have any tips for me please? I'm using UHT because I really can't be bothered to boil fresh.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

I use UHT milk (skimmed in my case) and about a desertspoon of the previous yogurt (about 10 gram)

I used to make it thicker by adding milk powder, again about a spoonful.

It is fairly sour, but I like that taste. I suppose you could add sugar.

Hi. What do you do to make your yogurt please? I got a maker set that I saw cheap in Robert dyas. I made up the Greek yogurt that came with the set, but next time I used about half a cup of what was left plus a carton on UHT milk. It came out ok but I found both versions to be a bit sour for my taste.

My latest experiment was to use a couple of spoonfuls of the natural yogurt powder mixed with some UHT milk and milk powder. That tasted lovely though runnier, though it might just seem runny compared to the Greek one.

Do you have any tips for me please? I'm using UHT because I really can't be bothered to boil fresh.

I've been mixing in Nesquik for my son. In his case the strawberry one. converts something 'healthy' into a taste he likes.

Thanks for the ideas
:thumbup:

Sounds like a dirty protest from your elderley yoghurt Strato.

Anyway isn't it expected that generation after generation of reproduction would result in some ort of "evolution" ? You're lucky it was just cheese. You could have opened the pot one day and seen something staring back at you.

:mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483:

I had a couple of kits from Q when I first started with Easiyo, which had these lids in. Made the mistake once of shaking up the mix without holding down the flip up cap firmly:doh::dull::taphead:.

The sort of mistake you only make once.:giggle::giggle:

i did the same once with a bottle of tomato ketchup. covered head to foot and the kitchen looked like an abbatoir.

was the cheese edible strato?

Latest posts

Back