Yankee candles

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gemma1

Registered Shopper
I don't buy this brand because I find the smells artificial and cloying. However, I was wondering if all the Yankee fans out there get bored with the selection offered on Q. It seems to me that every show is the same- fresh cut roses, clean cotton and baby powder and just one or two variations. Any opinions?

I buy cinnamon which is lovely - but I get it at Atlantic Village ( small retail discount shopping center) and they are half the price of qvc with no postage and more selection.

Juat about to post the same! Am fed up of seeing Clean Cotton! The only fragrances I ever got scent around the house with is the cinnamon ones. I do like the Midnight Jasmine too, but it doesn't waft around the house. If I am paying £18 for a candle I want to smell it!! Can anyone recommend another brand that gives a bigger hit of fragrance?

I must admit I regularly buy the same candles from Yankee. I like Fresh Cut Roses and Baby Powder and mainly burn them in the bathroom/upstairs. Downstairs I'm more likely to try different ones. I'm currently burning Loves Me Loves Me Not. I also buy ESPA and Jo Malone candles. I prefer those to Yankee but they are bliddy expensive so have to be a treat and not for every day.

Juat about to post the same! Am fed up of seeing Clean Cotton! The only fragrances I ever got scent around the house with is the cinnamon ones. I do like the Midnight Jasmine too, but it doesn't waft around the house. If I am paying £18 for a candle I want to smell it!! Can anyone recommend another brand that gives a bigger hit of fragrance?

Jo Malone are really lovely but mega expensive.

If I am paying £18 for a candle I want to smell it!! Can anyone recommend another brand that gives a bigger hit of fragrance?

I used to buy Yankee candles but stopped when they started to have a paraffin-like smell. I then tried Milkhouse creamery candles and the fragrance permeated throughout the whole house, whereas I found the Yankee candles scent was more localised. If you like vanilla then I can recommend Milkhouse creamery ones. They also do a coffee fragrance as well as a few others. They're all showing as 'last clicks' or 'clearance' on QVC now, which suggests that they may be being discontinued, but they can be sourced elsewhere.

http://search.qvcuk.com/QVCUK/Searc...y&cm_re=PAGE-_-SEARCH-_-SEARCH&cm_scid=SEARCH

We've got a fab range of soya candles over here called Max Benjamin,scents are to die for & not too expensive either,around 18e for 40 hours burning time.

Some of the fragrances are Mimosa & Sweet Amber,Cassis & White Jasmine,Grapefruit & Pomelo,Fig Leaves & Cedar,Lemongrass & Ginger (my fave),their Christmassy one is Cloves & Cinnamon & it's beautiful.

I think they're available in John Lewis in the UK so do have a sniff if you see them,they're quite similar to Jo Malone imo

L'occitane candles are lovely, my favourites are Green Tea and a Relaxing blend - very clean smelling and a nice level of scent. (Yankee are overpowering in my tiny living room). I don't remember ever seeing any L'occitane candles on QVC, I've only ever got them from a L'occitane shop.

Molton Brown candles are really lovely and a small candle can throw out enough scent to fragrance a room - however again they are ridiculously expensive.

love l'occitane candles they are my fav. managed to stock up on some amber ones for £7.00 each a steal. they are tiny but the scents are gorgeous. a lot of people left negative reviews because they are small but i would more use them for my bedroom and keep the cheaper yankee blasters for the rest of the house.
currently burning natures paintbrush. a warm,fruity slighly flora scent and its really nice. bought for 60p in clintons. they are always running some promotions on yankee and no hefty postage.

prefer tarts to the candles though!

I agree Gemma, those 3 are probably my least likely to buy; the roses one gives me a headache. Used to get mine from Home Store 'n' More before it closed down and they often had Island Spa or the 2 wick jars which are my downfall! Thanks to the lovley people on here I discovered yankee doodle but I think I prefer to pick my own 'flavours' rather than a QVC job lot. I did like those blue jars they had but the smells sounded wishy-washy. Liking the new presenter though.

Yankee Doodle do some good offers at times.I love the Cinnamon candles & all the food smelling ones.

Last edited:
Back in the days before L'Occitane had dedicated hours on QVC they sold a few candles on Q; I managed to buy a honey, creme brulee and gingerbread candle tin reduced from QVC and they lasted well and the scents were strong enough for me. I struggle with Yankee candles and I'd never buy anything larger then the little sampler candles or tea lights because I have to blow then out after 20 minutes because I have a very sensitive sense of smell and if the doors and windows are closed I can smell even a tea light throughout the house. I like tarts as I can use about a quarter at a time and can put out as soon as I get headachy

Jude xx

I like Yankee candles and my favourites are clean cotton and baby powder , nowadays I get the tarts, and like Akimbo, I only use a quarter of each a time.
Once I bought a set of jar candles called I think Hannah's candles, from QVC ,they were the worst candles ever, they were so sooty and not much fragrance either. They were too heavy and expensive to send back, so I was lumbered with them.

QVC do have some of the more unusual fragrances but never feature them on air. I bought a set of 3 when the easy pay code came out. Mountain lodge, fireside and river valley. The fireside one is just like scented wood smoke, very unusual but I like it.

The NEOM ones are really nice and so are juniper hill. They're more subtle though, and way more expensive. in terms of bang for your buck Yankee win out, but I hate all the food smells.

I've been bored with YC on QVC for a long time now because it only ever seems to sell Fresh Cut Roses, Clean Cotton, Baby Powder and Lilac Blossoms. Had a look at the new candle sets thread and this theme runs throughout all the new sets coming through. Also whilst I like the idea of QVC selling sets of tarts and votives together how come they don't have the fragrances matching each other?? I now tend to buy my YC from my local Hallmark shop, local outlet and from Yankee Direct online. At the moment I'm burning White Gardenia in my living room, Chocolate Bunnies in my hall and Cherry Berry Pie (got this in the US - wish we could get it in UK) upstairs. Yankee Doodle are not going to be selling any new fragrances as it appears they are phasing YC out so it's worth looking on there for bargains. I see we have another YC TSV on 17 May - you can bet it will feature one of the above four boring fragrances.

Latest posts

Back