Charlie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

At the end of the night last night they were going on about his "last week" is he leaving?

At the end of the night last night they were going on about his "last week" is he leaving?
The only person in shopping telly land that doesn't know.

Charlie is moving back to Jersey for a quieter life, he is opening a shop and is waiting for his house to sell though he now says he will go if it doesn't, from what I saw on his twitter last year the London riots and other issues have personally affected him and he has decided he needs to get away from London I think the riots were the deciding factor though I am sure if he comes on here he will tell us himself.

I caught Charlie last night when he was selling the popcorn maker. It was the best demonstration of the product I've seen (even though I don't want one.) He left the studio to take some popcorn to those in the gallery and left the assistant keeping an eye on the popcorn he'd left 'cooking' in the machine. Unfortunately he took the bowl it was being collected in with him and when he returned the popcorn had cooked quicker than he anticipated and it was being 'popped' all over the unit. The assistant had tried collecting it in a colander. He also trundled into the Price Drop studio, plus popcorn. He then threw caution to the wind and kept filling the machine up and made one heck of a mess - all the time saying he was being told to stop. I'd not normally spend time watching an item being demonstrated that I didn't want, but for comedy value I stayed with it. Great viewing, Charlie!

Maybe piles of popcorn all over where it shouldn't have been was his parting comment to the channel. :wink:

Did a camera follow him in to the gallery? They seem to be moving out of the studio a lot recently.

Thanks for explaing Charlie's departure, i'm more of a speed auction viewer these days so i have no idea what's happening on the other two channels.

Charlies house is sold, and is leaving very shortly. He will be missed, as he is one of the few good ones left. I think it will be good for him to move on though.

Did a camera follow him in to the gallery? They seem to be moving out of the studio a lot recently.

It didn't follow him into the actual gallery - just to the glass window outside it, but you couldn't see him clearly. You could hear him though and when he came back into the Bid studio he said he hoped we'd seen him although he wasn't sure that we had because the glass was dirty. The camera did follow him into the Price drop studio. He said he'd wanted to go into the Speed Auction studio as well, but he didn't want to steal their two viewers when they switched over to buy the popcorn maker. His banter was great!

I caught a bit of Charlie the other night after the Snooker had finished, he was being ably(?) assisted by Helen Bates who appeared to be wearing the shortest dress I had ever seen someone on these channels where. At one point Charlie was selling the vibration plate and he got Helen to demonstrate; clearly not the brightest of folk, Helen was very close to flashing far more than anyone would have wanted to see on more than one occasion and it was a good job Charlie was on hand to remind and stop her.

I never used to be much of a fan of Charlie (primarily due to all his innuendo laced comments), but when the likes of Russell, McDonald, Mason, Simon, Jaxx, George etc dominate these channels, you start to appreciate the genuine nice guys who don't ham it up, who don't pile on the BS, who don't exaggerate and don't lie. He'll definately be missed.

When Charlie's gone there will only be Adam Heppenstall left (on Bid and Price-drop that is) with any sense of morality, though I did once catch a glimpse of another presenter (Guy Keane perhaps?) that didn't seem too bad from admittedly what little I saw of him.

It didn't follow him into the actual gallery - just to the glass window outside it, but you couldn't see him clearly. You could hear him though and when he came back into the Bid studio he said he hoped we'd seen him although he wasn't sure that we had because the glass was dirty. The camera did follow him into the Price drop studio. He said he'd wanted to go into the Speed Auction studio as well, but he didn't want to steal their two viewers when they switched over to buy the popcorn maker. His banter was great!

Did anyone capture it? I'd love to have seen that.

Did anyone capture it? I'd love to have seen that.

I did capture it, but it isn't as good as it sounds.

They got the camera and faced it to the glass, and you could see 2 computer screens, as it is pitch black in there. As for going to price drop, the camera didn't follow, it showed as far as the door, and then they took the price drop feed, and the graphics were overlayed.

They got the camera and faced it to the glass, and you could see 2 computer screens, as it is pitch black in there. As for going to pricedrop, the camera didn't follow, it showed as far as the door, and then they took the price drop feed, and the graphics were overlayed.

Whoops ........... I didn't realise it was a pricedrop feed- I suppose it was because I was too busy chuckling at his antics and I'm also not technically minded. Mind you, I am blonde :wink: I did see a very vague outline of Charlie in the gallery though - unless I was hallucinating (which I may have been.)

Last edited:
When Charlie's gone there will only be Adam Heppenstall left (on Bid and Price-drop that is) with any sense of morality, though I did once catch a glimpse of another presenter (Guy Keane perhaps?) that didn't seem too bad from admittedly what little I saw of him.
Adam is rarely on these days it seems as well, and when he is, he always tends to be sharing a shift with someone like Sophie. I warmed to him when he was doing those late shifts over Christmas and the New Year, when he has to endure McDonald's 'hilarious' pranks. The lovely Cindy is another who has morals, but seems to have been ditched recently.

They got the camera and faced it to the glass, and you could see 2 computer screens, as it is pitch black in there. As for going to price drop, the camera didn't follow, it showed as far as the door, and then they took the price drop feed, and the graphics were overlayed.

I'd still like to see it and it gives us an idea of where each studio is.

Latest posts

Back