Sorry just isn`t good enough!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caroleanne

Registered Shopper
Sorry, we are unable to process your order online at this time. If you wish to place your order by phone, please call Customer Services on 0800 50 40 30.

Tired of seeing the above, why does this always happen ..missed out on quite a few things today that i would have liked :-(
And no I wouldn`t like to phone ..I don`t want to give my OH a heart attack lol.... seriously it is very annoying!!!

I know, it is very annoying. It tends to rectify it if I clear all cookies then reorder but sometimes, I just can't be bothered and QVC miss out on a sale................................. and I save my money.

If I get that online I can usually still order on my iPhone app. Useless if you don't have a smartphone I know.

Drives me mad too. Now if there is a show coming up I know I want to shop in I clear all cookies before it starts and that usually helps as DollyDimple said.

i have noticed a slight improvement recently with this but it had gotten to the point where every time i tried to buy something i was having to clear my cookies. very annoying i agree

Drives me mad too. Now if there is a show coming up I know I want to shop in I clear all cookies before it starts and that usually helps as DollyDimple said.

Ditto, but sometimes I forget or clearing cookies doesn't work. I've started using Q-Cut again and order shows up on online account immediately which I like.

The website is absolutely infuriating, I've nearly lost my temper several times. I hate it when you get the 'can't order now' message but I really hate it when you click on an item and it goes straight to the home page.....WHYYYYYY? seems to happen particularly when clicking on an item in a list eg. from a search or scrolling through product listings from a show. Doesn't matter which browser but sometimes improves if close the browser down and open it again......amazingly I don't have to do that on any other site. Incredible that they still have this problem after so long...unprofessional.

I've had this problem in the past. Have got around it by switching internet browsers. Usually I view the internet using firefox, but when i've received that message, opening the QVC website in internet explorer has sorted it and i've been able to order. Very strange, and annoying if the item is limited stock!

I get it all the time on the laptop (windows vista) and never on the desktop (windows 7).

I think it is purely down to inadequate regression testing of their web page and associated server side applications!

i get it constantly with windows 7 and IE. it's all very well saying i can get round it by changing browsers and/or clearing cookies but why should i? EVERY other website works just fine without doing anything.

i get it constantly with windows 7 and IE. it's all very well saying i can get round it by changing browsers and/or clearing cookies but why should i? EVERY other website works just fine without doing anything.

Exactly - we shouldn't have to, full-stop. QVC is the only website I have this problem with - if ever I want to order anything I know not to bother with my "regular" browser (Firefox) and open IE just to place my order.

"inadequate regression testing ... server side applications"- yeah, what Unsure said (but she sounded VerySure to me!) ;-) When I was lurking, I thought someone wrote that Sean or Martin at IW had worked at Q previously and had set up their ordering system. Hmmm!

I get annoyed when I get that message because I buy on line through Quidco to get 5% discount (doesn't quite cover P&P but helps!). Sometimes it happens I think when they don't actually have big stocks of items and I especially hate it when things are on auto-delivery and they tell you to ring in! Why is it so hard to do it on line? Of course it isn't so why do they do it?

"inadequate regression testing ... server side applications"- yeah, what Unsure said (but she sounded VerySure to me!) ;-) When I was lurking, I thought someone wrote that Sean or Martin at IW had worked at Q previously and had set up their ordering system. Hmmm!

Hee hee. I used to be an IT professional!

I got absolutely jumped on one on the QBV FB page when I complained that yet again the website wasn't working! The 'angels' all came on saying that THEY had been able to order no problem and it was clearly my fault! One helpful soul mentioned clearing the cookies and yes, that did work. But as I said on FB, I can order from EVERY other website I've ever used without having to open a different browser or clear cookies or run around backwards wearing an orange robe and chanting the special chant. It might have worked eventually but it's hardly as quick and easy as they make out on air!

I got absolutely jumped on one on the QBV FB page when I complained that yet again the website wasn't working! The 'angels' all came on saying that THEY had been able to order no problem and it was clearly my fault! One helpful soul mentioned clearing the cookies and yes, that did work. But as I said on FB, I can order from EVERY other website I've ever used without having to open a different browser or clear cookies or run around backwards wearing an orange robe and chanting the special chant. It might have worked eventually but it's hardly as quick and easy as they make out on air!

Me too! I hadn't even complained, just asked if it happens to anybody else and if there's a "fix" to the problem - cue oh-so-hilarious sarcastic comments and silly in-jokes at my expense :dull::dull:

Thanks everyone ..I did reply soon after I put the thread on but its no where to be seen ..thats how good I am on a computer!! lol
Anyway I don`t own a phone not even a basic one and I get on the internet via Internet Explorer I`ve no idea what a cookie is apart from the fattening ones or Firefox ....so I guess there will be no secret buying for me ;-) when the OH is in the room which is all the time more or less since he retired lol otherwise it`ll be Q CutThe only saving grace is it`ll save me money!!
I can well imagine folks jumping to Q`s defence if the phone calls on air they get are anything to go by ..looks as if some think they can do no wrong everything they sell is perfect and the presenters/sellers are celebs :-(( I wonder are they as friendly towards the girls in M&S...Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back